PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Dragon thread travel arrangements

4thgenceli
12-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Think this would be a good place to gather some information for everyone planning to attend, namely preferred airports to fly to, driving arrangements, hotels, etc.

If not feel free to flog me.

187flatliner
12-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Anyone know a place to rent a two car hauler? That's near oregon washington border?

Or do any members here have one I could borrow or rent around here as well?

I'm driving/ towing.......and I'm hoping rickstar22 will join for the ride down. But I really need the hauler

austin.c
12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I will be leaving out of the Toledo area Friday before the meet. 75 South the whole way.
Last year Bloodmoney and altracNYx met up w/ me near Toledo, but we didnt come across another person headed to the meet, yet we had a nice caravan home...

Mafix
12-14-2010, 06:55 PM
i'll be meeting up with everyone in md. hopefully some guys from further north as well.

Grot
12-14-2010, 06:55 PM
If your flying into Knoxville directly you will want to go to McGee Tyson airport. You can rent a car at the airport ( i believe) or you can give me a call, and for like 5 bucks i can pick you up and bring you to your hotel of choice.

Advanced notice is preferred if you want me to pick you up. My number is 865-235-7664.

Waffles!
12-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Stacy tells me that she is thinking of driving down to Georgia, spending a couple days here with the GA crew, then driving the GA Dragon Train with us. While this is a great idea and I encourage as many people to do so as possible, keep in mind that the GA crew may not be able to give everyone a room or couch to crash on. If you plan to crash in GA before or after the Dragon, let us know so we can make arrangements.

manda
12-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Stacy tells me that she is thinking of driving down to Georgia, spending a couple days here with the GA crew, then driving the GA Dragon Train with us. While this is a great idea and I encourage as many people to do so as possible, keep in mind that the GA crew may not be able to give everyone a room or couch to crash on. If you plan to crash in GA before or after the Dragon, let us know so we can make arrangements.

I agree with this 100%..... I may have room at my place, but keep in mind I live with my parents, so I'm an absolute last resort.. and with the way things have been when I'm in ATL, I'll prolly end up over at Jas and Marshall's that night any way :)

Waffles!
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I agree with this 100%..... I may have room at my place, but keep in mind I live with my parents, so I'm an absolute last resort.. and with the way things have been when I'm in ATL, I'll prolly end up over at Jas and Marshall's that night any way :)

I don't think Marshall will mind that at all.

KM
12-14-2010, 10:07 PM
I have a futon, a twin size air mattress, and a queen size air mattress.
I'm 25 miles from the ATL airport.

I think I can buy another celica before my birthday. :P

manda
12-14-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't think Marshall will mind that at all.

oh i know he wont mind that... you two love me :)

alltracNyx
12-14-2010, 10:44 PM
My plan, if it works out, would be to drive down to GA and spend a few days there, drive up with the GA train to Knoxville. After that, I would be driving back home to Chicago from Knoxville.

There are a LOT of different factors that have to come together for me. Chris (bloodMoney) is graduating this week (wOoT!!!) and will be looking for, and starting a new job in the next few months, hopefully. So depending on the job, he may or may not be able to get vacation that soon. If he can't, he will at least fly down and meet me there, but this is a last resort. Also, I want to bring my st165, and he wants to bring his 6th gen. The 6th gen is his dd, so that's not a big deal. The st165 is currently garaged and waiting on a full rebuild. We want the st165 to be ready by April, so that I have a month or so to get used to driving a different car, and to work out any kinks from the rebuild.

Either way, going is not an option. We just don't know whether we'll have one or two cars, whether we will for sure be able to drive down to GA first, or whether Chris will be flying or driving. Decisions, decisions. Hopefully, we'll be able to hammer this out in the next month or two.

ChrisD
12-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking I might have to fly if I go - 35 hours of driving each way equates to time off work I'm not sure I have to spare. Too bad, would love to take the ST205. But it might be the only way.

KM
12-14-2010, 11:16 PM
would love to take the ST205

Me too! I have this awesome garage space I can keep it in!

CriScO
12-15-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm guessing we'll probably end up with the same route as last year, Denver - Evansville, IN - Knoxville. I think it worked out quite well that way. Might even drop down through Lexington, KY again. We only did it because of the floods in Nashville last time, but I liked that route.

But, I literally just started texting MC about this earlier today, so nothing's even close to concrete yet. We'll probably be driving seperate cars this year though, so a train has already started.

I'm sure we'll be at the Cedar Bluff Holiday Inn Express with everyone again. It's nice and has the best location.

Waffles!
12-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm guessing we'll probably end up with the same route as last year, Denver - Evansville, IN - Knoxville. I think it worked out quite well that way. Might even drop down through Lexington, KY again. We only did it because of the floods in Nashville last time, but I liked that route.

But, I literally just started texting MC about this earlier today, so nothing's even close to concrete yet. We'll probably be driving seperate cars this year though, so a train has already started.

I'm sure we'll be at the Cedar Bluff Holiday Inn Express with everyone again. It's nice and has the best location.

Just don't drink too much on Friday night. You have to be at the Dragon at the Dragon Meet.

4thgenceli
12-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I'll prolly fly into ATL friday morning (Flight leaves here thursday night, gets there friday morning). Guess I better run through in a speedo eh?

CriScO
12-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Just don't drink too much on Friday night. You have to be at the Dragon at the Dragon Meet.
I make no promises.

Grot
12-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Dont worry Jaz i will kidnap him and drag him up there if i have to.

Im not missing it this year either.

Dunno if i will be in the Celica or no tho

MCcelica
12-16-2010, 08:48 AM
If anyone who is west of Colorado, and is driving would like to camp out at my house the night before I take off to meet up with Chris, lemme know. I got an extra rack and off street parking.

Mafix
12-16-2010, 01:31 PM
just picked up a nice 89 vert. thought i'd share. might be bringing that one as well

METDeath
12-17-2010, 01:35 AM
For the record we have a computer room with a full size futon on it (sleeps two, but there will be some blue lights and one of the computers may randomly turn on for recording TV), a pull out queen size sleeper sofa, and two twin/one king air mattress(es).

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-17-2010, 02:31 AM
I have this on my list this year. We'll see how finances go, I want to drive the Dragon in Blackhawk, but I may settle for my brother's ass raped GT.

celica9303
12-17-2010, 03:25 AM
I'll prolly fly into ATL friday morning (Flight leaves here thursday night, gets there friday morning). Guess I better run through in a speedo eh?

So are you saying the swap won't be completed by then??? Bummer. When is it this year any way?
I want to attempt to make it if I'm back from the Army intime weather my cars wrecked or not......

4thgenceli
12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh she'll be done by then. I just won't have the time to drive it out there and back.

celica9303
12-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Gotcha

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Am I the only one in California heading East? I don't mind the solo drive, I happen to LOVE my car.

Hookecho
01-16-2011, 03:35 AM
I'll probably just leave from the house and go straight up there. Nobody lives close to me except some of the Mobile crew. I may be able to intercept some folks along the way though.

187flatliner
01-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Am I the only one in California heading East? I don't mind the solo drive, I happen to LOVE my car.

depends im from father north......

Grot
01-16-2011, 04:03 AM
I will just be chillin waiting for all you to make it into town

187flatliner
01-16-2011, 04:26 AM
lucky fuck

Grot
01-16-2011, 04:53 AM
Id love to make this more of a road trip.

Car_Barn_Bandit
01-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Id love to make this more of a road trip.

If they reopen Angels Crest Highway, feel free to come out this upcoming summer.

Grot
01-16-2011, 05:15 AM
If they reopen Angels Crest Highway, feel free to come out this upcoming summer.

Sounds like fun. will have to see how things work out

Luni
01-16-2011, 05:42 AM
The Utah crew will likely be flying in and staying with/around The Captains. Ill either be driving the Vert (Dutchess) up with my girl, or Ill be rollin solo with Jaz in her MR2.

CriScO
01-16-2011, 05:44 AM
If you're taking I-70 you can meet MCCelica and I when you get this far. Nothing's concrete yet, but I imagine we'll probably leave here Wednesday morning so we get there Thursday evening(includes a break for the night).

MCcelica
01-16-2011, 06:49 AM
If you're taking I-70 you can meet MCCelica and I when you get this far. Nothing's concrete yet, but I imagine we'll probably leave here Wednesday morning so we get there Thursday evening(includes a break for the night).

Yeah, I put my request in for those days off work already, but I won't know if I actually got them CONCRETELY until probably sometime in April. But as soon as I know for sure, I'll post up.

Eric Barrera
01-16-2011, 07:06 AM
I wish that I could go :/

celicatuner92
01-26-2011, 03:48 AM
ill be going this year one way or another all-trac or integra whichever one is doing better at the time. i was gonna try and make plans to meet up with chris(bloodmoney) since he is the only one i have met in person but it sounds like he might not be coming. if anybody else will be passing through northern indiana or wants to meet up on the way let me know.

jon

Waffles!
01-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Bloodmoney will be there on way or another (at least he BETTER be), but he may not be making the drive down. He may have to fly down on Friday night. It all depends on whatever job he gets.

celicatuner92
01-26-2011, 04:50 AM
yeah we will see. still would have been fun to drive out to the meet with a cople people.

alltracNyx
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Chris (bloodMoney) may or may not be driving down with me, as Jas has stated, depending on the new job. I plan on driving down early to hang out a day or two in advance with the ATL crew, and then drive up to Knoxville with them. Everyone cross your fingers that Chris gets his first engineering job, and that they may be lenient to allow him to be at the Dragon!

4thgenceli
02-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Is there anybody nearby or in Birmingham? I'm wanting to fly Southwest and it looks like Birmingham is the closest they come to Knoxville.

Luni
02-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Not a far drive for Bugs I dont think.

METDeath
02-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Book an Airtran flight early as crap to Atlanta, problem solved.

Mafix
02-02-2011, 02:14 PM
who is going down from the NE? i'd love to cruise with someone.

alltracNyx
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Azzy will be driving in from Maryland, but I believe he's planning on driving in earlier in the week to hang out in ATL.

4thgenceli
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Airtran is a good cost alternative. But the fucking $40 checked bag fees... ($20/bag each way).

donteatbugs
02-02-2011, 04:01 PM
bruce will be driving through birmingham, you may me able to schedule the times right for him to get you. its kinda outta my way if im going to ATL

The Captain
02-03-2011, 03:39 AM
I'm wanting to fly Southwest
Godspeed.

trumanpriest
02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Anyone heading through the St. Louis area give me a yell. Come out and meet up for a few.

METDeath
02-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Airtran is a good cost alternative. But the fucking $40 checked bag fees... ($20/bag each way).

Just carry on and bring only what you need, dur.

celicatuner92
02-13-2011, 06:59 AM
anyone driving from MI IL or IN wanna try and time something out to have somewhat of a group drive?

austin.c
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I will be leaving from the Toledo area. 75 South...

celicatuner92
02-19-2011, 04:53 AM
what day are you leaving? im gonna head that way early friday.

austin.c
02-20-2011, 02:07 PM
what day are you leaving? im gonna head that way early friday.

I guess I will be leaving early Friday, lol. thats what i did last year. we got down to crackerbarrel just a lil sooner than most people did.

Well now it looks like im going to be driving up 75 from the Tampa, FL area. I will be down there the week b4 and stop at the Dragon on my route home.

4thgenceli
03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
How's the ATL crew? If I fly to ATL from AZ it's almost $150 cheaper than to fly to TYS. Right now I'm lookin at arriving about noon Thursday, and leaving Monday morning (about 9am flight time).

Would i need rooms in ATL for Thurs - Friday and Sun-Mon?

4thgenceli
03-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Now that I do the math, I may be better to fly into ATL on thursday, catch the train up, then fly home Sunday from TYS. The ticket is ~50 more, but I'm sure a hotel in ATL is >50 for a night. Hell the hotels @ the dragon are all like 100/night and I'll need one for Fri and saturday night. Any room peeps wanna split one heh.

manda
03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Now that I do the math, I may be better to fly into ATL on thursday, catch the train up, then fly home Sunday from TYS. The ticket is ~50 more, but I'm sure a hotel in ATL is >50 for a night. Hell the hotels @ the dragon are all like 100/night and I'll need one for Fri and saturday night. Any room peeps wanna split one heh.

if your not wanting a hotel in ATL I'm sure someone out here car give you a room.. check with captain... I'm not sure who all is planning on staying with him, but its worth a shot if it saves you money. I live at home w/ the parents so i cant house anyone....

4thgenceli
03-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Already got hooked up for the 1 nighter. Now to convince the wifey to lemme spend the 400 on my airfare next week :ohsnap:

METDeath
03-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Already got hooked up for the 1 nighter. Now to convince the wifey to lemme spend the 400 on my airfare next week :ohsnap:

Just fly back out of ATL Monday, I've got that day off as well.

Azzazzyn
03-24-2011, 03:52 AM
I think I've decided to fly. Not sure though. Depends if work keeps making me work 48 hours and whether I can work those hours without hanging myself. Might dump a shit ton into the 240 or buy another car for the trip. Im not sure how I feel about being in TN without a car. I need my late night WalMart trips or I get cranky

Mafix
03-24-2011, 01:52 PM
just drive to my place and ride with. i'm going it alone so far.

manda
04-03-2011, 08:41 PM
so Justin and I were thinking before we all head up to the Dragon, whoever is in ATL should hit up this great sub shop in Marietta.. It's called Baldino's.. its really local, guy only has 2 locations, but it gets beyond packed in there on a daily basis during the lunch rush bc it's so good. just a thought of another place for foodstuffs while we're all around :)

alltracNyx
04-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Well, we'll be ale to finalize our plans once Chris gets the call back from his job about when he can start.

Azzazzyn
04-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I think I changed my mind and the taurus is going. Might drop a couple bucks on new springs etc. oh and some fucking headlights, hers suck

Mafix
04-04-2011, 09:17 PM
yay tear-ass!

Azzazzyn
04-06-2011, 05:18 AM
the 240 just wouldn't be ready, not the way i'd wanna drive it

Mafix
04-06-2011, 04:16 PM
no worries, i'm just playing around. as long as you get there, right?

Doowstados
04-08-2011, 07:52 AM

Where in cali are you again?

Kanoodle
05-14-2011, 08:03 PM
I am flying into ATL and has NEEDS.

Does anyone have a empty pass seat for the caravan from ATL to Knoxville? I also need someone that has a open seat for the Dragon. Since I am being needy I'll add one more.,. I need someone to share a room with in Knoxville. Any takers?

Murgatroy
05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
I may be able to fulfill the needs of a seat on the Dragon. I don't know about the caravan, because it is too early to know for sure. However, my caravan won't be running the regular route. Mine would be straight up the interstate after the ATL.

I can't help on the room.

But as for the seat, I have been told that Chaos' passenger seat is one of the more highly desired seats of the weekend.

I am surprised no one has asked before now.

Luni
05-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Its cause nobody likes you.

Murgatroy
05-15-2011, 12:22 AM
*cries*

Waffles!
05-15-2011, 12:52 AM
I may be able to fulfill the needs of a seat on the Dragon. I don't know about the caravan, because it is too early to know for sure. However, my caravan won't be running the regular route. Mine would be straight up the interstate after the ATL.

I can't help on the room.

But as for the seat, I have been told that Chaos' passenger seat is one of the more highly desired seats of the weekend.

I am surprised no one has asked before now.

You're right! I want to ride in Chaos for a bit. Not the entire Dragon, but just for a bit. Please? I'll wear the red pimp hat...

Azzazzyn
05-15-2011, 02:20 AM
I can has seat too?

Kanoodle
05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Alright Murgy poo I call claims to your pass seat! Jas you can has ride in Chaos... On my lap!