PDA

View Full Version : Down pipe questions?

t_mac
12-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey so i own a 1991 gt4 just got a garrett t3 t04e 60ar turbo and i need to know what type of downpipe to get for it cause ill i can find are five bolts and know fours. It needs a four bolt and was just curious if u can just hook up to a five bolt and just not put the other in. Any advice please help me out thanks.

Facime
12-12-2010, 11:04 PM
when you say "4 bolt" and "5 bolt" are you referring to the stock configuration exhaust housings like from the first and second ct26 respectively? If so then the answer is no. A 5bolt pipe will NOT bolt to a 4 bolt housing. However, Im confused, if you have an aftermarket garret t04e then Im surprised it would have a CT26 style exhaust housing so maybe you are referring to something else?

pics would help.

t_mac
12-15-2010, 02:03 AM
sorry ya know so on the exhaust side of the turbo were ur stock downpipe/cat would meet it is a five bolt which is stock but the turbo i boought is a 4 bolt setup and i cant seem to find a downpipe that has a 4 bolt only the stock five so just curious if u know were i can find this 4 bolt or if theres an adapter i can get. Thanks

elcaci
12-15-2010, 02:23 AM
i think i do ebay! i think what you are looking for is the hot side so look for a t3 decat pipe and it should come up!! or are you talking about the setup of the gt4 turbo?

T-spoon
12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
If you are not using the stock turbo, you can't use a downpipe meant as a stock replacement. Where did you get the turbo? I would be amazed if they didn't offer a downpipe to go with it, you must have gotten a manifold that works with it.

ChrisD
12-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Your writing confuses me a bit.

Answer this question: is this a CT26 based turbo? (Yes/No)

After that I can answer more.