PDA

View Full Version : Question on TRD spring worth

temperacerguy
12-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey guys,

I was cleaning out my storage, and I found a set of TRD ST185 springs (TRD Japan/Toyota Technocraft). These were new in box, with the Japanese installation manual in the origional Japanese box (with the TRD USA label on top). I purchased these 10+ years ago, and put them in storage, and never got to installing them.

I was wondering if anyone knew what these were worth. I am considering either using them and having struts built for them, or selling them and going with a set of custom coil overs.

Thanks.

alltracman78
12-08-2010, 03:16 AM
IF these are the same/similar to the homologation springs they'll work fine with the stock struts.
I don't know what the spring rate on the homologation springs are, but they lower the car about 1" [maybe a tiny bit less?] and make a definite difference in handling.

temperacerguy
12-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Oh, I'm sure they will work fine with the stock struts... These are the TRD Japan Street springs (black), not the green rally springs. If I were to use them, I would have some custom strut inserts made. But what are they worth... I have no idea what I paid for them, but I know they have been out of production for 10 years.

ericfragola
12-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm also curious to know what springs would go for. I have a set of 165 rally TRD springs. (The green ones). They're extremely stiff and just want to know what I can get for them since I'm replacing them with ground control coilover springs.

lalojamesliz
12-14-2010, 08:37 AM
I just sold my set(black springs) a couple of months ago. Somebody in France paid me $306 shipped for them. The PO told me they had 10k miles I think and I never used them :(

temperacerguy
12-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow, so Used for $300?

wonder how much NIB is... I'm thinking of selling these to help fund the coil overs.