PDA

View Full Version : What custom Gadgets/Purchases have you installed?

rmpinky
12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, i'm sure i've seen most forums with a "What have you done to your ...x..." Yet us 6th Gen drivers have been going without. So i thought i'd start one up and see what you guys (and gals) have done to your 6th Genny, to make it more your's, than toyota's :cheesy:

I've changed my (i believe) Stock exhaust for a - Longlife custom Medium Note Inward curl exhaust

Radio/CD Player for a - Ebay CD Player (some unheard of make.. wish i didn't get it though) And a 3CD Tray underneath (to fill the casette player gap up)

Thats it for me atm. Guys, please add what you've done, lets share and help others out to make their cars more cars than cans

Pinkz

bloodMoney
12-09-2010, 05:47 AM
~Full Eclipse Audio system
~Flow Master 44 muffler
~Eibach Proline springs
~7th gen short shifter
~HID's
~Python alarm/remote start

manda
12-12-2010, 03:56 AM
So i thought i'd start one up and see what you guys (and gals) have done

I very much appreciate that you know and acknowledged there is, in fact, a female 6th gen owner... :D

I don't have much done at the moment.. she's a work in very slow progress
Engine is mostly stock still
Sony cd player..
Alpine 6 disc changer in the trunk (currently not in use, sony cd player wasnt compatible and the disc cartridge got a bit destroyed-- dont ask-- so I'm looking for a compatible cd player at the moment...and a new cartridge)
And if all goes to plan I may be able to upgrade the suspension and possibly exhaust in the next month...

187flatliner
12-12-2010, 04:12 AM
i wont post cuz i dont own a 6th gen........if i did it would be illegal to drive in the states,,,,,lol

whoops did i just post that.....damn my fingers have a mind of their own....lol

manda
12-12-2010, 04:21 AM
is it that your fingers have a mind of their own.. or is it that alcohol you've been drinkin tonight? :P

187flatliner
12-12-2010, 04:24 AM
i dunno, but i type well enough.......thanks auto spell checker. lol

rmpinky
12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Manda, ofc I knew women drove 6th gens (well, idid put it in brackets cause I wasnt sure, but shhhh)
I want/soon need to change suspension. Any ideas what your thinkibg of changing to? And yeh mines slow, dont get paid enough for uk prices lol

Hookecho
12-12-2010, 04:54 PM
If I had a 6th Gen I would install flip up headlights and pretend to be a 5th Gen owner.

rmpinky
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Manda, ofc I knew women drove 6th gens (well, idid put it in brackets cause I wasnt sure, but shhhh)
I want/soon need to change suspension. Any ideas what your thinkibg of changing to? And yeh mines slow, dont get paid enough for uk prices lol

manda
12-12-2010, 05:44 PM

um well, not really sure yet on the suspension... I'm still looking around. Marshall (METdeath) suggested checking out suspension techniques.. decent enough prices on there stuff from what I've seen..

rmpinky
12-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Suspension techniques? Surely a suspension replacement are l the same except the ground clearance? Or am I really not clued up?

manda
12-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm not just replacing, I'm upgrading everything. sway bars, springs.. etc.

rmpinky
12-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm not just replacing, I'm upgrading everything. sway bars, springs.. etc.

Well that makes alot more sense already. Surely that's gonna cost a bomb though? Or is u.s prices alot lot cheaper than the u.k?

nin1980
12-19-2010, 09:34 PM
well for a start mines been more fixing and repairing than modding!

it is in pretty good nick though!
it already has the super strut suspension and front sway bar
bought it with a full stainless exhaust 3inch bore
sports cat
put an induction cone on which actually made alot of difference compared to other cars i have owned, but im getting a bit of heat soak so im considering putting a heat shield on as well as a cold air intake so it works on hot days as well ( thats if we get any in england!!!)
wouldnt mind doing a few other mods uprated fuel pump ect but not really keen on hurting my car!!!
jvc cd player (great system but i think the poor old 16 year old speakers may want changing!

Zabimaru
01-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Original Owners put in a nice sony sound system which someone decided to rip quite forcefully from my console, so now I have a pioneer radio & cd with mp3 jack and 3 cd shelf, not to mention the broken console trim. If you're going to do some one the discourtesy of smashing a window and taking their stereo, you should at least learn how to get the thing out with out ruining what you leave behind.

Working on finding the right intake & exhaust now. Interested in your heat shield set up, nin, 'cause we get a lot of hot days in the midwest.

manda
01-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Well that makes alot more sense already. Surely that's gonna cost a bomb though? Or is u.s prices alot lot cheaper than the u.k?

ya, it'll probably cost a bit.. not sure how your pricing is compared to here tho.