PDA

View Full Version : First road trip with the all trac! Post swap.

90ToyAllTrac
11-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Felt brave enough, post swap, and even pre swap, never had the car out of town, to take her deep into the Minnesota back woods.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/476/2589/38688794044_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/476/2589/38688794047_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/476/2589/38688794048_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/476/2589/38688794046_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/476/2589/38688794045_large.jpg

Smaay
11-30-2010, 05:05 AM
oh i want to finish my all-trac so bad.

The Captain
11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Snow drifting pics!!!!!

For those of us who never see snow, plz!

bzdweezy
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Looks like fun!

+1 on snow drifting pics

90ToyAllTrac
11-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Wish Id had room and time to play around, but it was quick trip. I did whip it around in the town hall parking lot. Just the drive itself was exciting enough. Navigating MN hwys at night is a challenge. Seem to go miles and miles without seeing a helpfull sign. And always miss a turn. Nothing but dashlights in the pitch black. Wish Id had a rally light pack. She did actually die once out in the middle of no where, that was a quick scare but she started back up while coasting. She hasnt died since I adjusted the timing couple months ago. I got some pretty lame footage of me spinning the car on a dime, like they do in that WRC greatest drivers on youtube, yes a stock all trac WILL do it! on snow anyway. With balding tires. I have been working on my documentary about the engine swap, and it will be epic, the definative work on the subject, hopefully no longer than 60 or 90 min. Im trying to figure out if and how I would distribute it without losing control of it. Im kinda paranoid about stuff like that.

ChrisD
11-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Nice!

My 205 is so clean I don't want to take it outside right now. :P

90ToyAllTrac
11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
My car looks like such a "TRD" from sleepertown, with the crap painted fenders and no badges, that the other "importteers" in town dont know what to make of it. Im sure most of them dont even know what an all trac is or that they exist. One thing that spins my gears is whenever I see a suberoo, I wonder if its a turbo. I thought that if they dont have a rear wing that they probably arent a turbo, but most without wings, lots have custom paint jobs so who knows.

Smaay
11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
My 205 is so clean I don't want to take it outside right now. :P

I hate you!

klapa
11-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Nice lookin Trac Toy!

Sure wish I had mine going - but have a ways to go.

Mine was setup the same by the guy I bought it from - no badges except "Alltrac" on the rear. That guy had taken the wing off too - but I'll put that back on.

That car of your is especially nice as it seems to have no rust damage on the rear quarters.

Eric Barrera
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey smaay, i'll take up the 4x4 if u bring the All trac lol. Fresh snow too hehe

90ToyAllTrac
11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Nice lookin Trac Toy!

Sure wish I had mine going - but have a ways to go.

Mine was setup the same by the guy I bought it from - no badges except "Alltrac" on the rear. That guy had taken the wing off too - but I'll put that back on.

That car of your is especially nice as it seems to have no rust damage on the rear quarters.

Im pretty sure my quarters were replaced cause theres tack and weld lines on the inside of the panels. Its such wierd car, having spent most of its life in CA and NV, its been painted at least once and had the quarters fixed, YET, SO many body pieces and accessories were missing. Ive been keeping a list as I find things wrong, and its a LONG list. When the shipper dropped it off, there was a printout of the ebay listing from 2 owners ago and the picture the car is white but i was told that was primer.

Nitro_Alltrac
12-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Glad to see you're getting to enjoy it. They are a blast in the snow. I had some fun last winter.

90ToyAllTrac
12-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Besides the swap, here is the master list of everything Ive had to find or fix, some are mildly humorous.

Missing ECU bracket
Radiator overflow fitting removed and welded shut but leaking
No muffler, exhaust system there but destroyed
Alternator bracket upside down
Missing timing belt cover
No seat brackets, seat to floor bolts stripped, factory seats not included
No air bag, horn doesn't work
No bumper under the fiberglass
No cruise control unit, control handle
Gas tank cover missing
Underside engine bay covers missing
Wiring is a mess under hood and inside car
None of the lights on, door ajar warnings work
No radio antenna and hole was sealed up, why remove a retracting antenna??
No wiper fluid nozzles on hood, I got some from junk yard, took 15 min to install
Instrument cluster lights don't work
No trunk drain plug, rusty spare tire well
Turbo oil blowback
Relay fuse box busted in half
Turbo boost gauge aftermarket bad, pod not mounted
Door lock cylinders reversed in wrong doors, busted handle
Shifter handle cut in half
Spoiler brake light disconnected
Lots of loose, missing interior, chassis screws
Hodge podge mismatched interior screws
Missing door panel reflectors
Busted cowl piece