PDA

View Full Version : black housing HID's?

ericfragola
11-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Hey everyone, so I've been looking into some HIDs on ebay and I came across some for 91bucks or so. for my 88 alltrac. The kit comes with black housing headlights, 6k HID bulbs and the ballasts. Now my question comes down to, how well do the black housings reflect? I want my HIDs bright and white but not dim (since blacks not as reflective as "chrome"). The black housings look nice but I'm not sure.

Anyone heard of these HIDs? Reccomendations, reviews, input?

Also, I found for about the same price (projector headlights). They have the center circles inside the square housings. Do just the circles lights up or the entire housings? What should I get?

Physlis
11-26-2010, 10:35 PM
If you want to go with HIDs don't cheap out with "eBay kit" deals. If they're the same ones I'm thinking of they're "diamond cut" style which do not work well with HIDs. The best type to use is a stock H4 housing, preferrably from Autopal or Hella (these can also be found on eBay) anywhere from $25-75. As for the HID kit itself I would recommend DDM Tuning, I got my kit (8k 55w hi/lo-beam w/slim ballasts) for about $75. Easy install and bright as all get out, I have pics in my project thread.

gopher_6_9
11-29-2010, 03:47 PM
The black housings suck... I had a set on my sammi for the look and I loved the look, but at night you can't see shit. The cheap HID kits.... good luck.