PDA

View Full Version : TRD struts with lowering springs on my 165...

ericfragola
11-17-2010, 02:54 AM
hey everyone, when i got my 165 shell it came with TRD struts and lowering springs on it already. theyre stiff as hell. and have been sitting out of use with the car for 3+ years...i looked at the struts and it says theyre made by KYB. good to knw huh?;) anyways, i was curious to know how much they go for and why i cant find them online...ill post the part number tonight. any idea what range theyd be in?

also, the back has 1" of wheel gap, but the front has 4...is there a possibility they put the wrong springs on? (put the fronts in the back and the backs in the front)?

oh and the struts and springs are all green.

KoreanJoey
11-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Well, it's a shell... is there a motor in it?

Um, you're not going to be able to swap fr and rear springs with them fitting at all so I doubt that very much.

No idea what they used to go for but I'm not surprised that they were made by KYB.

ericfragola
11-18-2010, 04:14 AM
the shell didnt have an engine..hence it being a shell. i swapped my 185 into it a while ago. i figured that the front would even out once there was an engine in there but it didnt even move at all. i also figured once i took the spare tranny out of the trunk, the back ould come up a little, BUT nothing happened..

any idea how much i could get for these springs? there stiff as hell. i have a set of ground control coilovers im going to throw on. and will not have a use for the TRD's