PDA

View Full Version : Celicatech Data Archives

Sang
11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I was searching for my old threads regarding MHI turbo rebuilds (brings up another question at the bottom). I couldn't find the old subforum for technical write-ups but managed to find them searching for threads started by my user name. The top heading shows it was located in Celicatech Data Archive sub-forum from the main index. Should I be seeing it from the main index or is searching for specific topics my only option at this point?

The second question was, would it be possible to add in a feature to advance search for threads started by an individual. From what I saw, it was only capable of searching for posts started by an individual then relaying the results as thread topics (but this would bring up every thread you posted in, even erroneous ones where all you did was congratulate someone, et cetera).

Lastly, not a question but just an observation, when I did an advance search of the entire forum for my posts, only the exhaust manifold thread popped (only posts i've made since the cross over). But checking my profile and searching for threads started by me resulted in all of my old threads.

-Sang

KM
11-11-2010, 05:30 PM
There was some little mix-up about how we were going to do the data archives. Instead of copying things to an archive forum, threads were moved. The data archives forums are hidden, but still accessible and search-able.
These threads are being edited for permanent image links, and then promoted to articles in the CMS, where we have the REAL Data Archives. Then the original threads are going to be moved back. Or moved back then edited, whichever comes first.

No, there is no way to search for threads started. It was previously a feature, but vBulletin decided it was stupid and they removed it and edited the database structure to fix this.

Luni
11-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Actually I didnt know "search for threads started by" was removed.

That is fucking retarded. That was one of my most commonly used features.

Ok. Strike 1 against VB4. Seriously thats lame.

Sang
11-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Actually I didnt know "search for threads started by" was removed.

That is fucking retarded. That was one of my most commonly used features.

Ok. Strike 1 against VB4. Seriously thats lame.

I concur. I cannot count the number of times I searched for threads specifically started by noshoes or rickyb on OC. Those mofos consistently churn out good threads.

KM
11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
The link is still there, but it returns a zero query, so I'm assuming they either removed it, or it's just broken right now.

Luni
11-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Its just a database query. You should be able to get it fixed.