PDA

View Full Version : 1994 celica 2.2 code 14

trimdesigns
11-05-2010, 02:55 AM
I need some guru help. I have a 1994 celica 2.2. and the car just quit on my way home. Pulled code 14 from CEL. no fuel at any cylinder. new pump and filter. spark is there. how do i begin to diagnose. HELP!!

MCcelica
11-05-2010, 05:22 AM
How long ago was the pump replaced?

Try cleaning the injectors (and make sure they're connected).

Facime
11-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Fuel pump relay?

put a jumper in the diag connector from B+ to Fp, then just listen for the sound of the pump running. If you dont hear it running check for 12V at the pump connector. If no 12V test the AFM per the BGB.

If the pump is running and still no fuel at the rail you need to check the regulator, and make sure there are no restrictions in any of the lines including the return to the tank and the vent.

trimdesigns
11-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Fuel pump and filter were replaced as a possible cause after it died on me. I jumped the pump at the relay. Its running. Is there a way to test the regulator or fuel pressure (i dont see a schrader valve on the fuel rail)? Would the distributor cause any of this by way of the ECU? thx

Facime
11-05-2010, 05:40 PM
not if you have spark.

There is no shrader, valve you are correct in that. To see if you have ANY fuel pressure at the rail you can just slighlty crack the nut on the pulsation dampner and see if you get a little spray from it. Another thing I would check is have someone crank the car while you use a mechanics stethescope (or a long screwdrive yo your ear works as well) and listen to each injector for a telltale click. If the injectors arent firing you need to check the Solenoid resistor (page FI220 in the BGB, the 94 manual is down but you can use the 5th gen one for reference in this case.)