PDA

View Full Version : how to install a sub and amp

nairnman
10-30-2010, 06:43 PM
i hear a beeping sound from my speakers and my subs dont sound right at high volume. is this something to do with the standard amp installed. how do everybody else do this. the sub is in the boot and the wires go under carpet towards handbrake and stuff.

nairnman
10-30-2010, 06:45 PM
i forgot to say i have a aftermarket amp on sub box

Maruki-kun
10-30-2010, 07:03 PM
beeping sound? and what do you mean by it doesn't sound right?

nairnman
10-30-2010, 07:27 PM
it sound like a warning sound from all speakers when volume is up. its short. its hard to explain. but sub works good for a few seconds then the beep and sub sound flat after and this repeats over and over

Galcobar
10-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Amp over-heat warning?

alltracNyx
10-31-2010, 01:25 AM
In order for anyone to give you good advice, you need to explain exactly what you have in the car. Factory or aftermarket headunit, factory or aftermarket speakers, amplifier running your internal speakers... What did you have before you added the subwoofer and amplifier? Did the change happen just after you put in the amp and subs?

nairnman
10-31-2010, 12:40 PM
the car has a aftermarket head unit running the standard speakers but the car has a built livesound amp which came as standard.Aftermarket sub and amp in the boot. I checked again today and noticed this problem only happens when volume gets too high.

alltracNyx
11-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Do your interior speakers cut out when you hear the beeping? Is the noise coming from your speakers or the amplifier for the sub?

187flatliner
11-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Are all ur wires ran together under the carpet?.......u can get interference that way. Have you checked your amp settings?......it might be a lot easier just to take ur car to say cartoys or somewhere and ask them to check it out for u to.

nairnman
11-06-2010, 12:39 PM
yes the wires are under carpet so i will seperate the wires. power down 1 side and rca cables down the other. the warning sound is coming from the standard speakers.

Siyx
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Does your sub make the beeping noise as well? I'm not sure i read the post right but if the sub is on its own amp off an AM deck but doesnt make a beeping noise then i would say its something to do with a warning of some sort with the stock equipment (amp) possibly overheating or wire interferance. If the sub also makes the beeping noise then i have no clue what it would be seeing as the AM deck and AM amp + sub would be isolated from anything stock. if you follow what i am trying to say.