PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket gauges and pods

90ToyAllTrac
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I know everyone uses the "tuner" brand gauges. Ive got a Greddy A pillar pod that came with my car. But they dont seem to make gauges for the size it is anymore. Id like to just get a nice standard autolite gauge and pod for my 90 celica A pillar. And also just be able to get it from a place Ive ordered from before like Summit or Jegs. Will that standard stuff fit the pilar ok?

Thanks

KooK
10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
A-Pillar gauges never look good.

ChrisD
10-27-2010, 10:35 PM
A generic single pod should fit reasonably ok.

T-spoon
10-28-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm surprised the greddy pods would be something other than 60mm or.. I forget the smaller size, 51mm? Gauges are pretty standard between the two sizes as far as I knew.

I suppose if you're using gauges for Domestics they'll be in "standard" size measurements rather than metric, which could certainly be the problem if you're getting gauges from Summit.

The Captain
10-28-2010, 01:25 AM
I have VDO gauges in Princess. Fit fine and are a close match to the dash instruments.

KooK
10-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I used to run VDO gauges in my old car. They look right in a DSM but do they make anything so they light up green?

http://www.volk-tech.com/pictures/sale/gsx/21.jpg

Murgatroy
10-28-2010, 02:39 AM
I have an triple A-Pillar pod with indiglo gauges. However, I am poser and I haven't hooked them up.

david in germany
11-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Just added a boost gauge and oil temp gauge in the mini. :) Both of mine are from Marshall and they look stock..

90ToyAllTrac
11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
All autogauge sells A pillar pods for are the 7th gen celica and MR2. So I decided to try the MR2 one cause pic looked similar and only $20, and doesnt fit. Fit or not, not even sure how to atach the pod to the pillar since they are covered with material and hot hard plastic or other.

T-spoon
11-10-2010, 11:31 PM
All autogauge sells A pillar pods for are the 7th gen celica and MR2. So I decided to try the MR2 one cause pic looked similar and only $20, and doesnt fit. Fit or not, not even sure how to atach the pod to the pillar since they are covered with material and hot hard plastic or other.

I'm not even sure exactly what you just said, but a pillar pods can be a couple of different varieties. Some (like what Lotek offers) are full replacements. You remove the factory a-pillar interior trim and replace it with the piece that has the pods built in. Others are molded to fit snugly over the factory trim, while others are more generic and can be molded yourself by heating them and using screws to hold them to the pillar. Personally I'm a fan of the full replacements and have used them in MR2s and in my supra but I was lazy on the alltrac and just slapped a generic on. It looks lame but functions just fine.