PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Arm Issue

Eric Barrera
10-26-2010, 04:21 AM
So, I went to the junk yard and got some gen 6 suspension arm, as I am swapping them on to my 5th gen.. So, while I was taking the, off, the bolt that is behind the drum, broke. This thing is rusted. I sprayed wd40 but nothing. Anyone got any ideas. I am afraid that all of them are going to break, that would be a pain in the ass. :lolwtf:

Also, has anyone ever changed the #1 suspension arm? I know the 2nd one is possible, but anyone done the first.

Eric Barrera
10-26-2010, 04:35 AM
Also, does anyone know if the 6th gen sway bar will bolt on to my 5th gen>?

Galcobar
10-26-2010, 08:12 AM
I've done the No. 2 suspension arm conversion. The No. 1 arm is an additional challenge which I do not believe anyone has attempted, for good reason. Not only are the suspension arms different, the suspension member/brace to which the arms connect is entirely different. Moreover, lacking adjustability in the No. 1 arms means any differences between the fifth-gen and sixth-gen arms could not be accommodated.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?34935-HOWTO-Fifth-to-sixth-gen-suspension-member-conversion

Eric Barrera
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
So would you not recommend the change of the #1 arm?

Eric Barrera
10-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Also, where is ties up in the middle, what bolt do use? the 5th gen one won't fit because of the cam.. And the 6 gen is to large?

Galcobar
10-27-2010, 12:14 AM
The key to converting between the two systems is replacing the bolt-in-cam connection on the No. 2 arm with a set of plate washers and a 14mm bolt, allowing the sixth-gen arm to mount to the fifth-gen suspension brace.

KoreanJoey
10-27-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm wondering about placing a machined stainless bushing and using the ST204 No 2 bar as the ST184 No 1. I'll take some measurements and check the angles on them first. Toe adjustment forward and back = CAMBER. :)