PDA

View Full Version : cruise control troubleshooting.....

UtahSleeper
10-22-2010, 04:56 PM
So, what can I test/replace to try and regain use of my cruise control? The only thing I have tried is replacing the vacuum hose going to it.

Also, since I am in the process of replacing other things (alt, water pump and maybe AC), I have removed the actuator and took it apart to see if there was something obviously wrong there. Problem is I have no idea what I am looking for lol.

Prior to dismantle the light for cruise would turn on when pressed, but setting it did nothing.

Any input would be appreciated.

UtahSleeper
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
So, I cracked my CC open and hope to figure out what is wrong soon. I am going to check the suction piece on top for leaks and maybe open the back of the CC device to see if there is anything obviously burned out.

So, does everyone else CC just work? Seems like all of the older yota's I have had have never had working cruise.

alltracman78
10-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Put it all back together and jump Tc and E1 in your DIAG box. If there are any codes they will flash [your cruise light].

UtahSleeper
12-16-2010, 06:20 PM
So, the cruise code I got was a blink - short pause - blink.

Dougy90
12-16-2010, 09:40 PM
you need to count how long the number of blinks then count how long the pauses are to get the two digit code. All of the codes are in the BGB

UtahSleeper
12-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I did check the BGB and it looks like I need a new actuator. I believe that its a code 11.