PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen suspension recommendation.

Chris_G.
10-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Hey, I asked a few people in chat, and couldnt get the answer I was looking for. Whats the best suspension I can bolt under my 2nd gen that is adjustable, and will give me the street/sport feel I need. It has to be able to take dirt roads that are nasty, and snow and such, so rally car suspension would work perfectly. But I dont know much about the 2nd gen celicas yet so I wouldnt feel comfortable buying parts without knowing they are worth it.

donteatbugs
10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Koni yellows with a ground control or some other coilover sleeve/spring combo. I would modify the struts to get a lower mounting point for the springs and go with at least a 6-8" spring and dont slam the car. you'll want a spring rate around 5 kg/mm front and 4 kg/mm in back for a more rally ride. I may be off on the spring rates since mine are on an alltrac for tarmac. (9.2 fr 6.6 rr)

Chris_G.
10-29-2010, 08:41 PM
got links to write-ups for modifying the struts, and the parts??? I have never heard of that stuff lol

ok i found it. the struts are like 250, and the coilovers are 190, so its not bad. but I am still confused about the modification part...