PDA

View Full Version : What the ....

Eric Barrera
10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
fuck is wrong with the forum? It's all, weird, like no celica tech emblem or pics or nothing, just a plain forum, Wtf

Grot
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
It sems KM has updated versions of vBulletin.

It was like that when i loged on too.

If it is brown, you ca switch it back to blue trance in the bottom left corner.

Waffles!
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
It scares me. For a moment I thought I wasn't at CelicaTech. It made me log in instead of remembering me. I do not like this.

Luni
10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Yeah, Im not sure how I feel about the new interface either.

Im going to give it a few, and see.

2_Liter_Turbo
10-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I personally don't like the new interface. That's why I didn't update my forum, lol.

Luni
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I do know this. If every forum out there ran it and you got used to it, it would be the norm. I know human nature and I know myself. I dont like it cause its different and I dont like change.

It does have some cool ass features that are really useful if you get them to work.

Ill let KM have his way with it and see what he can do. I know we SHOULD be able to rescue it back to our old version of functional 3.x that I like.

85gtsblackman
10-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I do know this. If every forum out there ran it and you got used to it, it would be the norm. I know human nature and I know myself. I dont like it cause its different and I dont like change.

It does have some cool ass features that are really useful if you get them to work.

Ill let KM have his way with it and see what he can do. I know we SHOULD be able to rescue it back to our old version of functional 3.x that I like.

no

i like it, it seems quicker to navigate and my blind ass can read better now as its easy on the eyes, blue trance is very similar to the old layout though, plus you can do more stuff with a new version. instead of trying to do it with the old one that has less support.

DudeMan
10-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Thought the site was down or something..

I don't really mind it.

Hookecho
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I can get use to it. Just got to work out all of the kinks.

Hookecho
10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
It does seem to run much smoother too. If this fixes the sluggishness and double post problem then I am all for it.

KM
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I am going to fix the links on the main page
Blue Trance should be the default. I'm still working on a few edits, but the vbdefault theme works.
The entire system is different, and made to run smoother.

However, please give me time. Some terrible things happened on the homefront, and everything I know right now is falling apart.

donteatbugs
10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
super glue? duct tape? zip ties? I have all of these

v3
10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm scared

KM
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I have no idea what is up with the quick reply box. It wasn't like this in the beta forum. I'll fix that in a minute.

I have to sort through the plugins and get the updates. Alot of the custom features are disabled for the time being.

iTrader is updated and enabled. It now has even more features.
Next up is the gallery.

Waffles!
10-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Will images that were previously uploaded to the Gallery still be there? Or are they lost?

Can we get back the feature that told us how many people were in chat at the top of the page? To me, that was one of the best things to happen since I joined CTech.

Luni
10-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Im sure he will get them back.

Our sigpic coding appears to be broken too.

To be honest, Im moving this thread to the implementation forum.

bzdweezy
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I like the "Recent Forum Posts" box.

Lonestag
10-11-2010, 10:33 PM
I know I'm going to miss the old interface, but if this is better from the software standpoint, then well, I can handle it.

Seems like there is a lot of wasted space though.

Murgatroy
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't like it.

I don't like it at all.

I don't even think Mikey likes it.

klapa
10-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I was kind of taken aback as well - thought for a minute that I had been banned ;)

Give it some time - KM wouldn't be going to all the trouble unless there was some benefit.

We'll all get used to it - one of these days...

celicasilfee
10-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I can definitely learn to like the new layout while on a computer, but Tapatalk wouldn't even let me log in on my phone today. THAT, in my opinion, was the best feature for me since I joined c-tech. If I can't easily browse from my phone, then I won't be on (trolling) for my usual 6-7 hours a day, while I'm bored at work. :( That would suck.

90CelicaST
10-12-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't like it.

I don't like it at all.

I don't even think Mikey likes it.
LOL
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PWR3w2VkSZs/Rk3kIz-Ei4I/AAAAAAAAAQk/NZcnN4Mdx_g/s200/14214.jpg

Shadowlife25
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
You all need to slow your roll.

This IS happening. Period. Deal with it.

THe plethora of new features that you were promised along with a more streamlined look and smooth running, are well worth it.
You all bitching about the small stuff while this is still being handled is entirely pointless. Let the man work and we can hash out the small stuff later.

Murgatroy
10-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I just would have liked to have been warned before logging in on a Monday Morning and having my world turned upside down.

I think that is the point many of us wanted to make.

Eric Barrera
10-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Murg wins this thread. I kinda freaked out today in the morning

bloodMoney
10-12-2010, 04:30 AM
I just would have liked to have been warned before logging in on a Monday Morning and having my world turned upside down.

I think that is the point many of us wanted to make.

WERD.

MCcelica
10-12-2010, 06:02 AM
I will say that I think it's pimp juice.

joe's gt
10-12-2010, 06:07 AM
I actually like it and the new features...

However, the blue-white contrast is really hurting my eyes. Is there a way to make that white banner that says "Promote to Article" and "Blog this Post" the same color as the blue trance background?

Luni
10-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Guys, I freaked out on KM already. I feel bad enough as it is.

If it bothered you, dont think it didnt bother me more.

But Im very impressed with what he has done with BlueTrance while retaining the most important functionality (the actual FORUMS)

It will be fixed as time allows. Dont worry.

Grot
10-12-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm actually starting to really like it. Some of the other forums I troll are the same layout so the culture shock isnt that bad. I can't wait til all the kinks are ironed out and we get full functionality. KM is doing a great job.

KM
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
that post underbar is what I'm trying to fix. However, all of the images will have to be changed to a different color. You can't see them on a blue (or the normal blue stripe) background, so I changed it back.

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-12-2010, 11:32 PM
KM:

You rock! We're updating our website at work, so I know this isn't an easy task. Looking forward to the polished outcome.

Hipster Lawrence
10-13-2010, 12:21 AM
I thought I was getting phished for a second there.

I don't like it either.

Lonestag
10-13-2010, 04:13 AM
So the extra space at the end of each post is somthing we can evantually address?

joe's gt
10-13-2010, 04:51 AM
that post underbar is what I'm trying to fix. However, all of the images will have to be changed to a different color. You can't see them on a blue (or the normal blue stripe) background, so I changed it back.

Awesome, yeah that's the only thing that bothered me. Otherwise, great work. It looks great. I'm sure I'll get used to it as time goes by. Everybody is always resistant to change in the beginning.

Facime
10-13-2010, 05:33 AM
is there any way to get back or add the "user CP" function or can you direct me to where it might be if its disguised as something else?

When I logged in here I used to do two things, Hit User CP and check for replies on subscriptions, (it also showed PM's), then hit new posts to see what had been posted since my last visit. I see "new posts" but the Im not particularly fond of the "quick links>subscribed threads" portion. I may get used to it, but so far I feel like Im missing stuff I know I want to read.

Thanks

Waffles!
10-13-2010, 07:09 AM
is there any way to get back or add the "user CP" function or can you direct me to where it might be if its disguised as something else?

When I logged in here I used to do two things, Hit User CP and check for replies on subscriptions, (it also showed PM's), then hit new posts to see what had been posted since my last visit. I see "new posts" but the Im not particularly fond of the "quick links>subscribed threads" portion. I may get used to it, but so far I feel like Im missing stuff I know I want to read.

Thanks

If you hit "Settings" on the right side at the top of the page, it'll show your subscriptions.

Facime
10-13-2010, 08:30 AM
If you hit "Settings" on the right side at the top of the page, it'll show your subscriptions.

You're a genious! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Just didnt think to look there, lol. Thanks!

jay4prez
10-13-2010, 02:27 PM
You're a genious! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Just didnt think to look there, lol. Thanks!

There is an easier way, its right under quick links (under the new forum bar)

On a side note, noticed the old forum button links to "http://www.celicatech.com/forums/index.php" which always gives an invalid address when I first visit the site as I go thru the home page and then visit the forum, if this link was changed to "http://www.celicatech.com/forums/forum.php" it would come straight here rather than the old forum index page for those who have their password saved....

Again not a real problem just a nuance that takes 2 clicks instead of 1.

Murgatroy
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM

On a side note, noticed the old forum button links to "http://www.celicatech.com/forums/index.php" which always gives an invalid address when I first visit the site as I go thru the home page and then visit the forum, if this link was changed to "http://www.celicatech.com/forums/forum.php" it would come straight here rather than the old forum index page for those who have their password saved....

Again not a real problem just a nuance that takes 2 clicks instead of 1.

Just overwrite your bookmark with the new address.

Facime
10-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Thats hardly easier, it takes two clicks instead of one and shows ALL subscriptions and not JUST the ones that have been replied to since last visit. It also doesnt show reputation recieved or PM's. The settings link is exactly the same as user CP was.

bsherrin
10-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Forum is not that BAd. It rocks. I like the cool blue look and well structured posts. IT ROCKS \m/

Luni
10-25-2010, 10:06 PM
The little yellow "i" icon next to the toyota log on the bluetrance theme takes you to your usercp page where it lists all of your subscriptions with replies.

Is that the page you are looking for?

MCcelica
10-26-2010, 07:42 AM
If you're logged in and go straight to the home page, the User CP link is also there.

extremeskillz
10-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh nice. I have to get use to this!