PDA

View Full Version : Toyota service ? misnomer !

ALAN
10-11-2010, 02:03 AM
I bought a Nov 1998 build ST204R a couple of weeks ago , the car has 97000kms 0n it , about 60000mls , the service records stamped by an authorised Toyota dealer are complete and up to date and a far as the 100000kms service all done.

-Except the transaxle fluid- , ah , someone missed it , I hear you say , yup , must be the same person that missed the timing belt and idlers and the power steering fluid (never been changed) and the clutch hydraulic fluid (never been changed).

The brakes mercifully have been done in the last 5000Kms or so , but not by Toyota judging from the non stock pads the car is runing and the fact that the hydraulic fluid is good.

In fact appart from probably the oil and oil filter and air filter I can't find one thing that Toyota have been servicing-ever- but doubtless have been charging for.

Just as a note same dealer since 2004.

Are most dealers this feckless or was the previous owner just unlucky ?

:runaway:

KoreanJoey
10-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Are you sure the previous owner wasn't told of it and they just didn't bother to do it?

I recommend all kinds of shit every day and very, very little of it gets done in comparison.

ALAN
10-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Are you sure the previous owner wasn't told of it and they just didn't bother to do it?

I recommend all kinds of shit every day and very, very little of it gets done in comparison.

Thanks for the reply , I have no way of knowing what may have been recomended , or not , my issue is why was the service log book stamped when the service items as per the service schedule had not been done , this log book provided information I relied upon when buying the vehicle and directly influenced how much I paid for the vehicle (too much) .

On previous occasions I have had Toyota refuse to stamp a log book if I provided my own oil (Motul in that instance) on a basic oil and filter service like the 110000 km one for example.

I'll be seeing Toyota and the dealership in front of the Small Claims Tribunal in due course , they can stamp that in the service book and take it to the bank.