PDA

View Full Version : MTX REQ Review by dig

david in germany
10-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Ok a short review of a product I installed in my wife's BMW.

Introducing the MTX RE-Q.
http://www.reqsound.com/
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X05AkyZgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Re-Q is the answer for those that want to integrate an aftermarket sub into a system that you don't want or cant install an aftermarket deck. The RE-q taps into the speaker out either before or after a stock amp and produces a pre amplified 4 channels out (right and left and 2 mono sub outs)
It also senses speaker out and produces a switched power to turn on your amplifiers (awesome feature). The install was simple. Power to a constant source (in my case to the battery), switched power (I used the cig lighter but you DON'T need to connect this when using the "Smart engage), ground wire (hook that up to where you are grounding your amps) and them decide what 2 speaker wires to tap ( I used the rear speakers in my wife's car)
The next really cool function of the RE-Q is bass restoration! Yes, if your stock deck or amp cuts the bass from the signal RE-Q adds it back in! :runaway:

Overall install was simple, and the effects were as advertised and I give the MTX RE-Q 2 thumbs up!:biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Any questions?

alltracNyx
10-07-2010, 03:11 AM
Very nice alternative to the standard line out converter. I've always liked MTX.

Grot
10-07-2010, 03:14 AM
This would work well in my current application.

What this amp run?

david in germany
10-07-2010, 08:19 AM
This would work well in my current application.

What this amp run?It is not an amp. It gives you a signal to hook up an amp to. But yes, I think it would work for you.

alltracNyx
10-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Looks like $75-$130ish, depending on where you get it from, but it's not an amp. You would use this in place of the line out converter that you purchased, but you would get significantly better sound quality.

The sound quality will be distorted (with an LOC) based on the limitations of the factory system. The re-Q fixes that. You would still need an amp to run your subs.

Grot
10-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Seems like it would be worth it though.

alltracNyx
10-08-2010, 01:34 AM
I definitely think it's worth it. I've just always ran aftermarket headunits in my cars and have never needed something like this. If you have the money for it, I'd say you should do it!

Grot
10-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Dont right now, but by the time i can afford an amp, this shouldnt be out of reach.