PDA

View Full Version : wrecked the convertiable this morning...

celica9303
10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Its not too bad, definetly fixable. I was driving though a construction zone with barrels and cones all around, a lady in a new fusion pulled off a side street and obviously didn't see my bright red celica and wham right in to the side of my car. Creased the driver door and front fender and knocked off my mirror. Lots of scuffs and stuff but my wife and I were fine and so was she.

Just so happens that we have the same insurance agent, so that make things a little easyier I soppose. She was sited and given a citiation. Would have tried to avoid it but there were orange barrels on either side besides where the streets meet.

Pics :
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/twendt/IMAG0009.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/twendt/IMAG0014.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/twendt/IMAG0015.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/twendt/IMAG0018.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/twendt/IMAG0029.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/twendt/IMAG0032.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

This was on my way to get all my hair cut off. Ill have pics of that later

Grot
10-05-2010, 10:30 PM
That is easily repairiable.

Just be glad it didnt touch your quarter panel.

celica9303
10-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah I kind of wish it would have got some of the front bumper so I could justify the rc front end( have to convince the wife) but yeah its fixable.

Ill just wait and see what the insurance says, but they will fix it, they already told me.

The Captain
10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Widebody!!!!

Glad you're ok.

celica9303
10-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Widebody!!!!

Glad you're ok.

Lol yeah thats the plan if I can pull it off.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

You think I need a new door? Theres a crese all the way across it from front to back...?

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Hey capt'n do you know the difference between the vert doors and the regular doors? I know there different

The Captain
10-06-2010, 01:31 AM
I'll check when I get home.

Murgatroy
10-06-2010, 01:52 AM
At least everyone is okay.

That damage is fixable.

celica9303
10-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Agreed, funny thing was the old lady tried blaming it on all the orange barrels.....and asked me if it was her fault or mine....lol

Nitro_Alltrac
10-06-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm glad that everybody is OK.

I'm also glad to see that the car isn't bad. That should work out fine.

celica9303
10-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Well I had my body shop estimator friend at the toyota dealer give me an estimate before I call the insurance people back and well I know he did a "insurance" estimate and not the real one that he will actually do( a bit more generous on my part....aka maybe new rc front bumper and reenforcements) but it all depends on the adjusters estimate compared to his, then he can take it and tweak it to our favor. Best part is he is friends with the insurance adjuster for my company(state farm), in toledo.

Sadpart is that its almost $2500 in parts and labor. So it might total it out. But seeing that he's friend with the adjuster even if it does total out on his well be abled to get away without a salvaged title.
I'm calling the insurance claims tommorrow morning.

zmile06
10-07-2010, 05:27 AM
If they try to total it tell them all the aftermarket you got should easily raise it enough to save your car. If you have receipts it helps you, also if you can find another car locally or not with about the same condition priced high you can justify not totaling it. State farm in many peoples opinion is the worse car insurance company to deal with, meaning if someone hits you and they have state farm your better of flopping around like a fish and suing them, then trying to get butt fucked, and dealing with them. Progressive is really horrible too had to deal with them, guy cursed me out, called back and his supervisor said the car was un-recorded nothing he could do.

You should be good though sense you both have state farm... Word of advice though, if you feel even a little out of it go to the doctor the first couple days. You don't have to sue, but it's better to make sure you are 100 percent and let them pay for the bill. Then to have a back ache a week later and no way to pay for it.

MCcelica
10-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Good that you took pictures.

The door will be fine. Just take the interior off, remove the window, and pound out what you can. Then bondo the rest and spray. If it would have got the rear quarter (which is what I'M dealing with), that's a lot harder to deal with.

One thing though, with all this. If the insurance company total's it out... it's totaled. Even if you have a nickle sized dent, but you only drive a 50 dollar car... If it's totalled for a nickle size dent, and you fix it? You HAVE to get a salvage title. The insurance company that totals it is who gets the say on if its totaled, and if it is, you must get an S title. Doesn't matter what your friends friends brothers cousin does.

Further. Contrary to popular belief, aftermarket stuff does NOT raise the value of your car. It actually lowers it. If you tell the insurance co about aftermarket parts, their attitude is going to be "So what? State Farm didn't tell you to put the s*** on there, so why the hell would we pay for it? But thanks for letting us know that you went ahead and chopped into it to put that stuff on. Now we're going to pay $1,500 less. Thank you very much, case closed. G'day".

zmile06
10-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Good that you took pictures.

The door will be fine. Just take the interior off, remove the window, and pound out what you can. Then bondo the rest and spray. If it would have got the rear quarter (which is what I'M dealing with), that's a lot harder to deal with.

One thing though, with all this. If the insurance company total's it out... it's totaled. Even if you have a nickle sized dent, but you only drive a 50 dollar car... If it's totalled for a nickle size dent, and you fix it? You HAVE to get a salvage title. The insurance company that totals it is who gets the say on if its totaled, and if it is, you must get an S title. Doesn't matter what your friends friends brothers cousin does.

Further. Contrary to popular belief, aftermarket stuff does NOT raise the value of your car. It actually lowers it. If you tell the insurance co about aftermarket parts, their attitude is going to be "So what? State Farm didn't tell you to put the s*** on there, so why the hell would we pay for it? But thanks for letting us know that you went ahead and chopped into it to put that stuff on. Now we're going to pay $1,500 less. Thank you very much, case closed. G'day".
Thats weird... I know if you can prove you recently put tires/aftermarket wheels or work into the car, you can try and get some of that money back. Considering some people drive with 1,000 wheels.

MCcelica
10-07-2010, 09:01 AM
The insurance companies cover permanent or original equipment. If you get your stock stereo ripped off, they might cover that. But if you get your 2 12's, 2 amps, a deck and a capacitor ripped off, no freaken way. Same thing for other components of the vehicle. If you get a new paint job, that might help you... as long as it isn't some custom color that's not easily repairable. No insurance company will reimburse you for wheels, unless you can ALSO PROVE... that you NEEDED (versus wanted) new wheels, and there weren't any stock ones you could get.

You have to remember what the insurance company's job is. Their job is to not pay you jack if they can avoid it. ANYTHING they can use to keep from paying you that extra 100 bucks, they WILL use.

The ONLY thing you can REALLY do to APPRECIATE your car in the eyes of an insurance company... is to hold onto it long enough to become a collectors vehicle. And it BETTER be in tip top shape at that.

celica9303
10-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I fortunally have all my alltrac parts and aftermarket parts covered by my insurance, with pics and copies of the reciepts that my agent has in my file.

alltracNyx
10-08-2010, 12:16 AM
^ That was smart. I was just going to point out that the insurance company will cover aftermarket parts, IF you had them insured in your policy. When I was installing audio, we had one or two insurance companies that we worked with consistently. Generally, big companies like State Farm hire a middle man insurance company that specializes in stuff like aftermarket audio equipment. The middle man company does all the leg work to investigate what was previously in the car, and what would be comparable to replace it with.

It was effing hilarious when we looked at cars for the adjusters and people were clearly trying to fraud their insurance companies. We had to check if the wiring was there from the previous install for amps and in dash monitors/navigation. Usually, it was not, and it was pretty obvious, but funny at the same time.

celica9303
10-08-2010, 04:39 AM
Exactly why I did it

T-spoon
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Good job holding your ground and not dodging her into the cones and whatnot. I'm sick of seeing people pay for their own crap because they were avoiding an idiot. My new mindset is that if it's not a life threatening incident, I'm not moving and they'll have to pay for it.

celica9303
10-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Lol@ t-spoon. I literely had no where to dodge to, and if I would have I would have hit barrels and what not and well that's my fault and I would have to pay for it my self, so yeah I'm not intentionaly wrecking my car to avoid some one else, full coverage insurance is a great thing

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I STILL HAVE YOUR WIDEBODY FENDERS IN AKRON!!!

Glad everyone is ok. That was the damage I got on my Celica coupe way back in Monterey CA. Totaled it out and replaced parts. At least you got away without scuffing up another wheel!

celica9303
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
LMAO ! I actually just sent you a txt regarding the fenders.....you have the widebody liners too right?

Car_Barn_Bandit
10-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Liners and you can have the vert doors I have left over! They have reinforcement and a special door pin. They are red. I forgot about those stupid doors sitting around.

celica9303
10-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Sweet mang!

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Gotta love a friend with spare stuff he left at home in OH

celica9303
10-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Well I'm now in another delima do I fix the car or let them total it and then buy it back(with salvage title) and then sell as a project? In order to buy alltrac

Or keep it (try and avoid salave title) fix it and swap it and keep going?

I might be able to get the trac for what ever I get for my car if they total it but I'm not sure....adjuster is coming tommorow some time. Arrrggg I hate loving my car and having a want for and alltrac.......can't have both either wife shot that down.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Well I'm now in another delima do I fix the car or let them total it and then buy it back(with salvage title) and then sell as a project? In order to buy alltrac

Or keep it (try and avoid salave title) fix it and swap it and keep going?

I might be able to get the trac for what ever I get for my car if they total it but I'm not sure....adjuster is coming tommorow some time. Arrrggg I hate loving my car and having a want for and alltrac.......can't have both either wife shot that down.

Wife is not liking the thought that I'm even considering letting go of my car......