View Full Version : ST205 knuckles fit in ST184/ST185?

10-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I know the ST205 has 4 pot calipers and I understand the rears can bolt on tot he ST184/St185. The fronts will not. Will the ST205 knuckles fit into the ST184/ST185 front end so that something like this would be doable?

Maybe change over to ST205 outer axles? would that be required? Would the Struts et al fit?

Just thinking out loud

10-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Chris I don't think these will bolt up. There's been a lot of discussion about doing the 205 on AT.net and I've never seen anyone mention using the 205 knuckles. I know that CMS-GT4 has done a lot of research installing 205 fronts and what Josh has been looking at doing is fabbing a bracket to make it fit the 185 suspension. I've seen a couple of other guys do the same thing.

Now I could be entirely wrong on this. Hopefully somebody else will chime in soon.

10-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Thanks Mike, I'll check out what they are doing at AT.net
Brackets would be good too. I can easily have some brackets done up in Autocad or ProE. I'm sure we can find a machine shop to run a bunch of them if we could get enough people interested.

10-07-2010, 12:50 AM
St205 uses superstrut, and has a different subframe for the lower arm.
Most will say it is impossible. It is possible, but you need to create a solution for mounting the lower arm. This will require you to use the entire SS suspension setuo.

I opted against SS due to its costly maintenance. The project I have been working on involves a 4wd rav4 knuckle. 205 calipers bolt up, but you still need a rotor solution. It does allow much larger rotors and 5x114 conversion. I currently put this on hold though just because my wife's work situation is up in the air for a while and I have lowered my car budget solely to paint and restoration. Mods will come later.

10-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks for chiming in Josh. I knew you'd done a lot of research related to putting the 205 brakes on the front. I knew if anybody would know you would.