PDA

View Full Version : Remote central locking problem

bernice
10-01-2010, 09:14 PM
When I press the lock button on my key it does not lock any of the doors of my 2002 Celica 1.6 vvti, yet when I press the unlock button it opens the doors. I am currently having to manually lock my doors. Also the "open door" warning light is staying on all of the time on the dashboard as well as the light in the boot. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it?

alltracNyx
10-02-2010, 09:27 PM
The issue with your "open door" warning light and the boot light staying on all the time is probably a broken door trigger sensor. Your probably just need to replace the pin/switch that is causing the problem.

That problem could be completely separate from the locking issue, but probably not. I bet the car has a fail safe so that you don't lock yourself out. So you can't activate the lock button on the remote because the car still thinks that there is a door open. Try to fix the "open door" problem, and it will most likely fix both issues.

Galcobar
10-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Going to agree -- Toyota does try to keep us from locking ourselves out of the car.

Even my 1990 has a mechanism in place. If the key is in the ignition, you cannot lock the doors with a door open. Should you try, manually or electrically, the doors automatically unlock.