PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about the VG Shark fin antenna?

Carolina91GT-S
09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Does anybody have any direct experience with the VG Shark fin antenna? you can find it here...

http://www.visualgarage.com/home.html

I am considering getting one but haven't seen one for myself

~Chris

temperacerguy
10-25-2010, 06:36 AM
here are reviews from the prius forums:

"I took a 2 mile test drive around my home. Radio reception is considerably and noticeably worse. I'd say that all of my 12 presets get 10-20% worse radio reception. 1 station that I frequently use is about 40-50% worse. Luckily, I really don't like that station anyway. "

"I took mine off sold it on ebay. Plastic coat hanger worked better than the fin
My best stations worked worse. The weak areas I stop at regularly were useless with the fin. Other threads have reported the same results as you experience."

"I noticed a huge drop of reception with the shark fin antenna. Sometimes when I go under a bridge or overpass, it gets real distorted... oh well.. atleast it looks good "

"Mine looks and works fine. I did notice a slight decline in reception on the weaker stations however. I'll post some pictures tomorrow "

"I just got mine installed last week and I think it looks great... At least for me there has been some loss of reception... mostly affecting one of the few stations I usually hear... however... Im used to the ipod so I'll trade looks for reception anyday haha "

Concensus says: If you like the look, and listen to another means (such as satalite or I-pod), then go for it