PDA

View Full Version : Help with ct-26 connections line PLEASE!

tvt5043
09-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just trying to get start on some project.

I never done a turbo before but I want to know where exactly does the coolant line come in and out of a turbo and also where the turbo gets it oils from to stay cool, with all the oil in and out connections.

I've search lots of threads but none with exact details, I'm new at this so I need as much explanation as possible.

Lots of pictures and diagram would be helpful so I can see it visually.

m1doublet
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.meisners.net/camry/5sfeTurbo.pdf

Luni
09-24-2010, 03:38 PM
You take the coolant lines from the lines that feed the throttle body. You run a line into the turbo from the throttle body return line, then from the turbo back to the tree.

For the oil, you can take it from several places. But the link provided is a good one.

ChrisD
09-24-2010, 04:39 PM
That's a good write-up...just take note that they didn't include an intercooler, which would be highly recommended.

For oil:

-You can get the feed from either the head like Burien has it, with an adaptor to split the oil pressure sensor and the turbo oil feed. Or, you can drill and tap the block for the feed, which is a little more involved and would be best if you had the block out of the car so you could remove any shavings created.

-The oil return goes to the oil pan via a larger line. Easiest way is to use a 3SGTE oil pan, however it is possible to add a fitting/bung of some kind by welding it onto your existing pan.

-Coolant, feed can come from where luni said or you can also take from the upper radiator hose as well

tvt5043
09-24-2010, 08:21 PM
You take the coolant lines from the lines that feed the throttle body. You run a line into the turbo from the throttle body return line, then from the turbo back to the tree.

For the oil, you can take it from several places. But the link provided is a good one.

"turbo back to the tree"??