PDA

View Full Version : Parts (again)

905sfegt
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
so i am looking for a 3sgte, now i been wanting one since i seen an alltrac, but one of my concern is that if i can keep it front wheel drive, someone told me, why? convert to all wheel drive, i said if thats the case ill buy a reall alltrac. so my questions are and thanks all who are helping me i apprieciate it, my questions are, how can i keep it font wheel drive? what tranny to use, and where can i go to legalize my swap, so i dont have to keep swapping engines for the smog, by the way i live in california i dunno if laws are different, thank you

jay4prez
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
well, idk about the legality of the swap, but you can use the s53 tranny from the 5sfe (dont know how its gona hold up however) or you can use the one from the mr2 turbo, theres a guide somewhere around, see if I can find the link and edit, but that involves using the mr2 inner axles/gt four outer axles (or some hybrid combination) I think and also some minor changes to do with the shifter cables.

I'm sure someone else will chime in and fill in the blanks.

Oh and the 3sgte swap is easier done to a celi that has the 2.2 5sfe motor, 4afe is better suited to upgrade to a 7a or another a series motor

Galcobar
09-23-2010, 10:59 PM
It's prohibitively expensive to convert a FWD chassis to AWD -- it basically requires cutting out the bottom half of the car and replacing it.

Cali smog laws are different -- it's advisable to do the research before you start planning.

Large volumes of information are available on this site, via the Forced Induction forum. I'd also advise reading this thread: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46643