PDA

View Full Version : Rain rain go away?

carlosfandango
04-16-2005, 07:24 PM
rain rain rain.

what do you guys do once the rains have passed - polish or wax?

MoralWarfare
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
rain hasn't hit me for a couple days, so I did a full interior detailing of the rocco and a semi-full exterior deail. I didn't pay much attention to the underbody, and I had already spruced up my trim so I didn't do my regular cleaner/sealer/clear coat 3 step process, but just went with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. Detailed the engine a little bit and cleaned up the windows and other little stuff.

what are your plans for when the rain subsides?

carlosfandango
04-21-2005, 02:11 PM
well i used meg's clear coat paste wax. rained overnight and ended up with unsightly water marks. will be trying meg's pro hi tech yellow wax in squeezy bottle tomorow - the megs show car glaze has gave it an excellent base.

heres a pic i took just after using the megs paste wax.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/pa40fef597037127d46be1a564b27dc9c/f4646c97.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/pd6bfaa574fdb4052184b2af3cb31340b/f4646c91.jpg

blck87gtconv
04-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Wax.. or polish? Are you kidding me?

If your car has been waxed recently, all you really need to do after a rain is hit it with some Quick Detailer, and maybe follow that up with some Quick Wax. It should be fine. If there wasn't a solid wax layer, wtf were you thinking? Acid rain oxidizes paint.

carlosfandango
04-27-2005, 02:54 AM
wtf, we had rain for 2 weeks - washing the winter crud away, which ended up on my car, are you seriously advising I forget about getting this crud off and just throw on some quick detailer? paint should always be clean and polished before apllying your summer wax.

so ive since cleaned the car down again and added a further 3 coats of show glaze polish, then 6 coats of megs hi tech pro wax over 4 days - look stunning.

I call this 'prepping the car' after heavy spring rains. at least that how our weather works - april showers we call them.. a final rinse of the winter funk...

carlosfandango
04-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Acid rain oxidizes paint.

Acid rain has qualities dependant on the environment, I assume you have more acid rain in your vicinity, our area is rather acid rain free from a geographical stand point. I do live on the side of a green valley in teh countryside edge of teh city, which means we get a lot of contaminants for sure, but not acid rain.