PDA

View Full Version : New Guy here!!

liverpool558
09-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Everyone
As you can see, im a new guy on this forum.
im 49 yrs old going on 21 :banana: im a trade plate driver here in Scotland, which means i get to drive brand new cars all over Scotland and i love it.
Ive recently just bought my first ever celica GT as a project!....hopefully by this time next year it'll look a hell of a lot better than it is now, i just need to get the idle problem sorted out then i can start on everything else.
I'll probably have a lot of questions for you experienced guys, and if im doing something wrong then please let me know.
im looking forward to enjoying this forum.

Hookecho
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Welcome Sir!

Which year is your celica? Pics.

Waffles!
09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Welcome! As Hookecho said, pics please?

There are tons of resources here to help you, so please use them.

Nitro_Alltrac
09-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Welcome! It looks like you've got a great job!

Nice to have another "old" guy here!

liverpool558
09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
many thanks for the welcome guys...although not to sure bout bein given the tag of " old guy " by nitro......lol.....you're only as old as the woman you're feelin....and thats why im feelin 21.......lol
i'll be browsing through a lot of the sections to get the engine running smooth again, im not a grease monkey so it'll probably take a bit of time, its the idling....its up n down like a monkeys arse!...although i seem to have slow it down about by tightening the accelerator cable!!
just gotta stop the idleling prob altogether now.

Waffles!
09-14-2010, 12:08 AM
you're only as old as the woman you're feelin....and thats why im feelin 21.......lol

I have a feeling I'm going to get along well with you.

liverpool558
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to get along well with you.
im sure we'll get along just fine Vafalla....;-)
oh..and if anyone is intrested just posted some pics of the beast, it actually looks quite nice but the pics are deceiving, will be giving her a spray job hopefully before christmas....dunno which year, but certainly before christmas.....lol