PDA

View Full Version : 1990 System 10 Wiring Harness Info

Cosmikazee
09-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Hey guys, my first post here and I need some help.

I am installing an aftermarket stereo in my '90 celica, and with the deck will be bypassing the current wiring harness almost entirely, except for the 12v constant, the ignition switch wire, and the dash lights wire. These three wires I wish to directly connect to the wiring harness of the aftermarket deck I am installing. Only these three, I won't be using any of the system 10 wiring otherwise.

So does anybody know what colour of wire the 12v constant, ignition and dash lights wires are in the 1990 system 10 harness?

I've done alot of searching through the forums for this information, and the closest I have come is a wiring diagram for the whole system 10, but I will admit I am terrible at reading those, always have been. Something about how different the perspective is from how the actual circuit looks.

If anybody can tell me the colour of those three wires, I will be eternally grateful!

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Ok I think I have it, 12v constant is yellow, 12v switched is red...dash lights doesn't exist (was an optional wire on my decks harness)

Can anybody confirm/deny this?

Cosmikazee
09-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Ok well I tested every wire in the harness, and didn't get a current out of a single one. Checked the fuses, all are ok.

Any ideas on whats happening here?

Rythmick
09-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Did you ask your Dad to help?

Never mind...private joke.