PDA

View Full Version : Protect my celica!

NYTEPSYCE
09-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Hi folks,
Getting major body work and paint job done on my 5th gen Celica and need some advice. I was thinking about getting a frnot end protector (otherwise known as a "bra") and a car cover. Would these hurt the finish on the car (build up of heat, etc)?
:eek4dance:

**edited by Luni for caps**

Hookecho
09-07-2010, 02:46 PM
If not removed and regularly cleaned a bra will ruin the finish. What happens is when it rains dirt will be washed and trapped between the bra and body. The dirt dries and acts as sandpaper because the wind turbulence on the front of the car will move the bra around.

The Captain
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi folks,
Getting major body work and paint job done on my 5th gen Celica and need some advice. I was thinking about getting a frnot end protector (otherwise known as a "bra") and a car cover. Would these hurt the finish on the car (build up of heat, etc)?
:eek4dance:
Hookecho is correct. But even if you remove and clean it will still mess with your paint. The clear vinyl membrane is your best bet.

And please lose the caps lock.

NYTEPSYCE
09-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think i will forgo the "bra" and just park far from the maddening crowd.

usp45
09-08-2010, 07:48 AM
The clear vinyl membrane is your best bet.

And please lose the caps lock.

This

The Captain
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think i will forgo the "bra"

My sentiments exactly!

Galcobar
09-09-2010, 08:44 AM
And after a clear vinyl cover is a good wax or sealant, regularly applied.

cbrkp
09-18-2010, 06:41 AM
And after a clear vinyl cover is a good wax or sealant, regularly applied.

+1 I've done that for a few vehicles and it really helps with those darn small pebbles causing stone chips

SweetGTS
09-19-2010, 08:22 AM
I've always wanted to do this! Those damn rock chips :mad:

Does anybody know if you need special maintenance for the clear bras?