PDA

View Full Version : I have over one hundred small blue LEDs.

Doowstados
09-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Looking to change the amber LED's in my dash and gauges to blue. Will any LED work for this or do I need specific ones? I have literally a couple hundred small blue ones that I pulled out of some electronics at where I work. Is there possibly a write up anywhere on how to do this? I tried searching google and CT but found none.

Celicalover
09-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Depends on the year of your celica. I just replaced the bulbs in my dash to white ones.
I wanted to do led's but it can be complicated and it depdns on the wiring unless you want to use an aux power source.

acidice333
09-07-2010, 05:44 AM
The gauges are bulbs, so I wont discuss it.

The HVAC controls, and Power Window Switch are 3mm LEDs.
I recommend 3000mcd or brighter for the window switch, and for the HVAC lower than 3000mcd unless you don't mind the bright piercing HVAC lights.
My little how to I made a long time ago (http://diy.icydesigns.com/article/186/Toyota/Celica/1990-93_(ST18x)/Interior/Power_Window_Switch_LED_Color_Change)

Doowstados
09-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Any idea where I can purchase bulbs for my gauges? Thanks for the information on the window controls and locks as well.

acidice333
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
superbrightleds.com apparently is good altho half the stuff I bought from there either a single LED burnt out (from the cluster) months later or they flicker. They sell "LED" replacements.

I dont remember the sizes you need, maybe someone else can help out :)