PDA

View Full Version : Bsfc

Schmleff
12-07-2004, 02:18 AM
Do any of you guys have an idea of what a typical bsfc is for a toyota engine? What number are you using when sizing injectors?

ChrisD
12-07-2004, 06:47 AM
That depends a lot on which engine you are talking about of course, and it is much different for NA and FI engines. For a turbo engine, you'd probably be looking at a number in the range of .6-.65 or so. A little lower for something like the 4agze, and lower yet to ~.5 for something like a 5sfe.

That said, I don't really bother much with the calculations these days. Based on the experience of others, you can get a good idea of what injector you need for what power level. The decision is made easier since we are pretty limited in sizes.

And of course it also depends on what fuel pressure you are going to run on the injectors, at what duty cycle, etc.

Looking for any specific advice at all?

Schmleff
12-07-2004, 11:09 PM
No specifices really. I am going to put together a spreadsheet for the NA fourm. I willinclude fuel pressure and flow rates. All of the other goodies too. All you will have to do is punch up your fuel pressure, expected hp and it will spit out an injector flow rate. With a list of injectors, you could then begin your ebay shopping spree.

ChrisD
12-08-2004, 01:39 AM
In that case, this site is an excellent reference: http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm