PDA

View Full Version : Parts

905sfegt
09-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Hello, i have a 1990 celica gt, stock 5SFE with a intake i put together myself, anyways, i own a toyota cause i love toyotas, i like how with hondas you can mix and match parts, so can you do that with toyotas? like celica with supra manifolds, or ecu or 2000+ headers for a 1990 celica?

Lonestag
09-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Mostly not, some heads will swap onto some blocks, some external parts will bolt, but in general there are not a whole lot of options.

Anything you are looking at doing in particular?

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Also, all the particlar combinations you mention arn't really feasible, Most of the things you will be interested in looking at will come off the S series blocks on 86-99 celicas.

905sfegt
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
well i am looking for some headers and the only headers i find are on ebay and i dunno about those, also what i want to ultimately do to my car is swap out the 5SFE for an all-trac 3SGTE hte whole engine except the tranny, i wanted to keep it front wheel trive and if i couldnt do that go rear wheel drive, but all in good time, right now my bank roll isnt what i want it to be, anyways i like to go to races on weekends and im tired of these hondas with stock blocks and different internals, cars i would normally be faster than are faster than me, so what can i do with this 5SFE that can improve my performance?

90CelicaST
09-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Save up and swap in a 3SGTE like you said. You won't make good numbers on a 5SFE while on a budget.

Lonestag
09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
The only super effective mod I have seen thus far is a good set of cams. So if you want to run with this car NA I suggest starting up with some cams, ebay headers and intake.
That is in my opinion the best way to bump your power A bit without having to go wild with the cash.

After that, yeah, the 3sgte swap is the way to go for power. And I am definantly the wrong person to ask about that.

Also, unless you want to build a car from ground up, rear wheel drive is kinda out of the question.

Cartel
09-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I have a 3s-GTE for sale if your interested please reply

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

well i am looking for some headers and the only headers i find are on ebay and i dunno about those, also what i want to ultimately do to my car is swap out the 5SFE for an all-trac 3SGTE hte whole engine except the tranny, i wanted to keep it front wheel trive and if i couldnt do that go rear wheel drive, but all in good time, right now my bank roll isnt what i want it to be, anyways i like to go to races on weekends and im tired of these hondas with stock blocks and different internals, cars i would normally be faster than are faster than me, so what can i do with this 5SFE that can improve my performance?

I have a 3s-GTE for sale if your interested please reply

gen5dream
09-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Take out the 5sfe dude its no good. i did a swap in my old GT a 3sgte right into the car. its much better for power and money. the 5sfe was built to be economical and the 3sgte was built for performance.