PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about deleting the EGR...

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-28-2010, 05:22 PM
What are you guys thought on this?

I removed the charcoal canister when I doing my fuel filter.Main purpose for deleting thge EGR is to clean up the bay and start cleaning up stuff.Gotta get ready for the 7A 20V you know.:banana:

Any thoughts on it?BTW I live in florida so we dont have to worry about emissions or smog so discuss

Angel

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
12 views and no answer?Guess there really no love for the ST/4A celica people here.....

90CelicaST
08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
There really isn't, it's all "swap or die" for the most part. I have to ask though, why bother removing the EGR when you are planning on swapping in a 7A hybrid?

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I will be swapping in the 7A hybrid for sure,Not soon as im still getting the celica running properly plus im also getting the cage done in the mr2 and a couple of other bits.

Reason why I was asking is cause im trying to get the engine bay cleaned up and have access to more parts of the motor.I guess you can say I like to keep things simple.I know once I go 7a its also gonna get a wire tuck and just make it look good.

Facime
08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I dont know your platform that well, but most times deleteing the EGR leaves a CEL. The system is designed and tuned to use it, just deleting the EGR completely does nothing worthwhile for your engine. Your fuel mileage at highway speed will decrease and your emission output is greater (even if you have no laws governing it, isnt cleaner air important?).

If its working properly now, I suggest leaving it be.

85gtsblackman
08-31-2010, 07:59 AM
for the cell i just papercliped the connector on mine and wraped it in electrical tape, 5,000 miles later still no cel