PDA

View Full Version : wtf should I do (part out feeler... kind of)

usp45
08-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Ok so my tags expired in july and up until then I was ridin dirty with no insurance or valid DL. now I could finagle some dirty tags, but I'm eligable for reinstatement in november, so I'd rather not risk driving anymore and hold out, to do things legit style. That said, my lease is up at the 4th of october and I have no job again. So I really can't keep my 1988 gts liftback in the mean time. So, that leaves me with 2 options, sell her outright, or rape her for parts.

IDK if I will get more in parts or in full sale.

Here's the stats:
rusted, dented, bondo'd body. blown struts and springs, clutch works but it's one good burn away from letting go completely (i could baby it for the next 2 years, but the next test driver/buyer could kill it in 2 minutes). leaky heater core fogs up windshield periodically, bad temp sender, throwing cel due to egr malfunction (won't pass city emmissions), needs exhaust from cat to manifold (sounds like shit). Smurf edition interior in fair condition. So thats all the bad, for the good, only 102,000 miles on 3sge and it pulls hard, all synchros and gears work good. All glass minus windshield is good. power options all work, minus HVAC control which needs resoldiering. 5 lug hubs n 4 wheel disc brakes (obviously). lots of other good parts.

What should I expect to get out of this turd? I love her and I wish I could keep her but my circumstances just say no. I think If I sell it whole the buyer will most likely drive the wheels off and send her to the crusher. If I part it she can at least live on, in other cars.

despite all her problems she will definately get you from point a to point b, and she's yet to leave me stranded. I just keep her oil fresh n full, and she just keeps on goin. I'd like to get $600 out of her. If I wasn't brokety I could fix her up some, and get more, but I am broke so no to that. what do you guys think I should do?

Or Option C

remove tags, put on best running shoes, and dukes of hazzard that shit to death all around my neighborhood :banana: jk

if you have interest in parts let me know.

buffalohunter7321
08-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I'll take the window switches from both sides along with the door lock switches.
The sterio if it's stock with both ends of the pig tails connectors.
Outside door locks with key and rear lock for hatch or trunck lid.
Rear wipper motor and arm [if it still works].
I have pay pal account and my zip is 45404.
That is if you decide to part.

187flatliner
10-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Got pics