PDA

View Full Version : I fell in love..

domafari
08-23-2010, 12:20 PM
With an MR2 GT. Can anyone tell me the pro cons of this car vs. my Celica GTS (or a GT-4 for an easier comparison.) Iím in the process of saving for either a GT-4 or MR2. I am very unfamiliar with the MR2 line up but did the quick WIKI read over and saw the obvious similarities to the 5th gen Celica. Also where does the MR2 GT stand in the line up of MR2's, from what I read it was a luxury version of the GTS, or if I am spending the money which one should I be hunting down?

KoreanJoey
08-27-2010, 07:49 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, was wrong

Waffles!
08-27-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't know the trim levels form outside the US, but wiki says that the GT and GTS models both got a 3sgte, but that the GT was a luxury version with suede or leather door and seat trim with "G-Limited standard features," whatever that means.

I don't want to disagree with Joey here, and I know wiki isn't always 100% accurate

Waffles!
08-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't know the trim levels form outside the US, but wiki says that the GT and GTS models both got a 3sgte, but that the GT was a luxury version with suede or leather door and seat trim with "G-Limited standard features," whatever that means.

I don't want to disagree with Joey here, and I know wiki isn't always 100% accurate

Edit: Oops, double post. I thought we got this fixed?

sodap0p
08-27-2010, 05:58 PM
For the JDM market:
G-Limited has the 3S-GE, the GT and GT-S had the 3S-GTE's The GT-S was the lighter weight model that had cloth seats, no fogs, no T-bars or sunroof, they were made to be very light. The GT had all the G-Limited options, suede/leather seats, fog lights, t-bars or sunroof options, stuff that makes the car heavy ;)

I dont know what the differences were for the US or Canadian markets.

KoreanJoey
08-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Whoops, I was wrong. Ignore previous post.

vangls14
08-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Even though they share the same engine, the MR2 Turbo is a totally different beast compared to the Celica. For starters, the MR2 is a two seater, mid-engined, RWD, and much lighter than a Celica GT-Four. Just based on weight and engine placement, it's clear that the MR2 is more nimble than the GT-Four at the cost of being less stable when pushed to the limit. From my experience, the MR2 Turbo is a great car. The experience behind the wheel is what you would expect for a sports car. However, I cannot comment on the driving characteristics of the GT-Four.

I would buy the MR2 over a 5th Gen GT-Four, but not over a 6th Gen. Perhaps, my opinion is influenced by the fact that the 6th Gen was never available in the U.S. and, thus, my longing desire to own one.

cbrkp
09-18-2010, 06:45 AM
mr2's are beautiful.....two totally different cars though mate. its like comparing apples and oranges. Mr2 is a great summer car where as the versatility of the gt4 is good for all around year use. Will you be driving the car in the winter?

SweetGTS
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I would go for an MR2.

zmile06
09-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Mr2's are really nice cars, but not a daily driver, something you would need to lock up during snow, or inclement weather conditions. I'm sure a lot of mr2 owners would trade for an alltrac (us) or gt-four. AWD, is an amazing thing to have. If your going for a weekend, or 1/4 car mr2 all the way. If you want something to drive year round, or something that grips the road like glue, gt-four.

Mr2's are defiantly worth what there being asked in my opinion though.