PDA

View Full Version : MURG!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Barrera
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I am still trying to figure out what u sprayed chaos with?

Primer or flat, anyone know???:confused:

VikingJZ
08-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I believe it was done with flat black.

Eric Barrera
08-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Alright cool, thanks =] I might go with a very flat black, but I am still considering metallic red or a metallic BMW blue.

The Captain
08-21-2010, 07:47 PM
He did it in flat.

KM
08-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Alright cool, thanks =] I might go with a very flat black, but I am still considering metallic red or a metallic BMW blue.

Be aware that flat colors tend to lock moisture in.

Facime
08-21-2010, 08:16 PM
...and standard primer is NOT a sealer. I always get a chuckle when people spray primer over a repair as a means to "protect it". If you want to spray flat, use a primer/sealer under it.

VikingJZ
08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
If you are spraying your car with rattle cans, the best way to go is Krylon Fusion MATTE black.

The matte has a sealer in it and bonds better than any rattle can I've seen. Just wash your car with dish soap to remove wax and grease, then sand with a light Brillo pad to scuff the paint, and then spray. It will be completely dry in two hours

Ten cans should cover your car. It took five to spray my Del Sol. Additionally, it holds up very well to the elements. I sprayed my Del Sol in November last year and drove it all the way through winter and didn't have any chipping or peeling.

Grot
08-21-2010, 08:21 PM
We did it with cheap walmart flat black paint.

Murgatroy
08-23-2010, 12:57 AM
We did it with cheap walmart flat black paint.

Spoken from the dude that was there with me.

I used the cheap Wal-Mart Flat Black Paint.

Over the paint.

Primer locks in moisture, paint doesn't. That is kind of what primer is meant to do, help the paint adhere.

That is why I didn't use primer.

Also, the paint looks like utter crap, scars like crazy and is full of tiger striping and runs.

However, from 20' and in pictures, she looks awesome.

All I was after was shock value of my twenty color car being one color.

Kanoodle
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
It has custom decals over the windows. Luni put names or something there

Murgatroy
08-25-2010, 03:05 AM
It says "Celicatech.com" on the hood, "Murgatroy" over the driver's window; NASCAR stylie; "(mw)" over the passenger side window and CTECH on the trunk.

I haven't take the time to paint over them yet.

A priceless moment was the elderly gentleman standing in front of Chaos several week ago saying "Selleeshatech? What does that mean?"

Waffles!
08-25-2010, 03:28 AM
(MW) is totally above the passenger side door.

Oops, didn't see that Murgy already said that.

Eric Barrera
08-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Alight, so i'll probably use that krylon lol. Thanks guys