PDA

View Full Version : A blast from the past!

blackkanto
08-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Well its been awhile since I've posted here and I have to say that I've missed it dearly! The wealth of knowledge and understanding here is quite mind blowing :)

I joined back in 2005 I believe when I acquired an 1988 Celica GT Convertible from my dad. The first time I saw it and rode in it, I knew I wanted that car lol.

About 2 years ago, the car has gone to car heaven sadly, with about 265k miles. It was quite rusted due to Wisconsin winters and the nasty salt they put on the roads. It was great car to drive, great MPG and very easy to mantain.

Currently, there is an 1987 Celica GT Convertible sitting in my garage waiting for an engine. :) In due time, I should be posting some pics of the overall build process and hope to have it up and running soon.

Thanks everyone for the awesome site that this is. Keep on wrenching!

85gtsblackman
08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
welcome back :)

Hookecho
08-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Welcome.

RedRkt01
08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome back! Which engine will you be putting in it?

blackkanto
08-18-2010, 11:36 PM
I plan on using an 1987 3SFE ( 6 bolt crank vs 8 bolt on 88 and up). Right now, I'm just looking for something to get me around and get good fuel economy. If I can source all parts, I'm looking to put a manual in place of the auto. Get a bit better mpg and more go lol.

I would love to build up a 3SGTE and put that in there but with money being an issue and that I wanna go all out, it's gonna have to wait :)