PDA

View Full Version : Gen3 injectors question

lalojamesliz
08-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Like I posted on my other thread I'm installing a gen3 efi system on my 91 all-trac. I bought my injectors from a guy that ran them for 5 miles before he took them off. He said they are fine and he scraped his project. He did not have them cleaned before he used them or after. Can I install them or do I HAVE to get them cleaned? I plan to make the 300awhp mark with this set up. Right now I have installed on my car: a st205 turbo and I/C and a straight pipe intake with a 3" dp. The parts I already have that I will be installing are the 3rd gen 3sgte cams and Obx adj. cam gears along with my st205 efi system. So do I have to clean the injectors? Also can I use new injector o-rings from a gen2 on 3rd gen injectors since the gen3's are bigger cc's?

Sang
08-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Nothing you said makes any difference. The only thing it comes down to is if you want to risk installing them without cleaning. Cleaning them out wont do any harm...and is cheap insurance to make sure they flow correctly. If the injectors came off a low-mileage engine, meh, you'll probably be fine...but at the same time, these injectors are at least 10-11 years old now.

PS - If you send them in with the o-rings attached, places like witch hunter will replace them with new ones. You can also check to see if someone/someplace local has a ASNU bench and cleaner and save on shipping.

lalojamesliz
08-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I'll look to see if I can find some shop near me that can do this. But if not I'll just send them in to witch-hunter. I forgot how old these injectors can be and if they don't all flow for what they are rated and I push them to the limit I'll have serious problems.