PDA

View Full Version : tire bulge bubble 1/8 inch

aye87
08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
hello
when i was applying tire gel, i noticed a slight protrusion on the sidewall about 1/8", i read that if it not exceed 3/8" then it is still good to drive or just replace it with new one, cost of new tire m+b $80
i just have that tire less than 6 months
i remembered hitting huge bump and pothhole on the road at 40 mph

Hookecho
08-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Replace it as soon as possible. You can likely drive on it for a while longer if you have to. If the tire is on the front of the car then you should rotate it to the back. That way if it blows out you won't lose control of you car. That small bulge will eventually grow into a larger one.

aye87
08-14-2010, 07:52 PM
im goona rotate that bulge tire to the back which is what i had in mind and keep tracking on the bulging tire

pintoBC_3sgte
08-14-2010, 07:52 PM
lol how does the tire end up with a bulge?. Just curious because my last set of tires, 2 of them had a pretty big bulge.

aye87
08-14-2010, 07:55 PM
probably pothole or bump because i drive at night

KoreanJoey
08-15-2010, 05:02 PM
It is probably just the place where the tire was banded together. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Also, if you have a tire having problems, don't put it on the back.
Understeer is safer than oversteer.

aye87
08-15-2010, 11:52 PM
it is not the indentation where the plys joint together and stretch
it is bulge and i did hit pothole while ago on that side of the tire

KoreanJoey
08-16-2010, 03:35 AM
I still wouldn't be too worried about it. See if you can get that tire balanced though. If the tire doesn't balance then I'd replace it.

93celicaconv
08-16-2010, 04:00 AM
I would take the car back to the place you bought the new tires. Believe me, they would rather replace a defective time that have a tire-caused accident that can be proven back to a defective tire. You should have a warranty that covers the cost of a replacement within the first year or certain mileage anyway. Be safe and take it back to where you got new tires.

Hookecho
08-16-2010, 05:05 AM
Also, if you have a tire having problems, don't put it on the back.
Understeer is safer than oversteer.

Not everyone is as skilled a driver as you Joey.

Having a front tire blow out at highway speeds and in an uncontrolled environment is not good. It makes for horrible traction and steering. It's hard to control your direction of travel with one front tire. Place the bad tire on the back.

aye87
08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I would take the car back to the place you bought the new tires. Believe me, they would rather replace a defective time that have a tire-caused accident that can be proven back to a defective tire. You should have a warranty that covers the cost of a replacement within the first year or certain mileage anyway. Be safe and take it back to where you got new tires.

it wasnt purchased in the store, it was on the internet and manfacturer from taiwan, the agreement was no warranty replacement on used stuff
it is 185/55/14 federal ss-595, they dont sell that in store
im gonna save up some money and buy new tire asap