PDA

View Full Version : I has a sad...

MCcelica
08-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Words do not explain. Pictures do. For this, there is only one pic as it is now dark. Looks like I got some work cut out for me now.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/9/8/7/imag0500.jpg

pintoBC_3sgte
08-14-2010, 03:51 AM
oh shit.. howd it happen?

85gtsblackman
08-14-2010, 04:06 AM
damn it to hell

well there is a coupe in the local yard if u want me to cut the quarter, shipping would suck though

or push it back out and mud it up

Waffles!
08-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Oh no!

joe's gt
08-14-2010, 05:53 AM
dislike :(

Hookecho
08-14-2010, 06:50 AM
I didn't think you still had that car.

85gtsblackman
08-14-2010, 07:03 AM
I didn't think you still had that car.

trade him, reminds me of t-spoons car.

i almost forgot that more than 3 ppl here including me have a 6th gen

andy
08-14-2010, 07:53 AM
been there buddy, drunk hit me then drove off. good thing i didnt own any guns then, he may have been dead.

85gtsblackman
08-14-2010, 08:07 AM
after looking at it again, looks like it can be pushed out

MCcelica
08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I still have the 6gen (obviously). As it is, I' think the door will come clean. That back quarter... It may pop out. It looks like it will up top, but where that fold is that matches up with the door... Not so sure about that. I'll see what magic I can work with it I spose. Guy was insured, but considering that my other recent experience was a little over $400 for a little bumper bruise... I may be looking at a salvage title.

Joe, I may be asking about that quarter in the near future. It all depends on what the guys insurance says, and if that 6th gen vert is still at the yota yard. Funny you should say that about T-spoon though. That was one of the first things I noticed when I got on this site way back when. I think I sent T-spoon a PM about it, cause they're pretty much clones.

Andy, the funny thing about that is... I actually had a loaded weapon in the glove box (In accordance with the State of Colorado's "Make my Day Law: Automobile Amendment" of course). Mostly cause the guy 1) didn't try and drive off, 2) was insured, and most importantly 3) wasn't a dickhead, I actually unloaded and secured in the locking glove box. (For Bruce: For the Officer that showed up, I did lift my shirt, did the ballerina twirl(ish) and informed 'em "Be advised:...") No problems with that there as I was outside of the vic when he arrived.

This is one of those unfortunate events that I feel like flat out bad luck just can't be blamed on stupidity. I didn't see him (as I was already past him), and he couldn't avoid me (as if he tried, he would have hit me plus another vic). So I guess we'll see where the insurance goes...

goretro77
08-14-2010, 01:50 PM
oh man, sorry to see this.

:(

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
sorry to see this and hope everything works out for you.

Nitro_Alltrac
08-14-2010, 02:29 PM
That sucks man. But it's very fixable. Good luck with the insurance company.

alltracNyx
08-14-2010, 04:13 PM
That sucks. It never fails for shit like this to happen.

Not as bad as when Chris got hit in the st185 while stopped at a red light in Michigan a couple of years ago. Michigan is a no-fault insurance state, and our cars are insured in Illinois. So you really have to fight with the insurance or do the work yourself to get anywhere.

Good luck with this :(

MCcelica
08-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, the insurance company is going to be the hard part. CO is a no fault state too. And without a police report saying beyond a doubt "It was person X's fault", you're in for a tough battle with the insurance. My best bet is when the adjuster comes out, and I can demonstrate that there was no possible way I could have seen em, therefore I'm not "At fault".

Now, this begs the question, why there isn't a definitive police report? In Colorado, if there is a wreck and a report must go into the system, there MUST be tickets issued. Now, not only did that guy look like he might be in for stiffer penalties later due to inability to pay the ticket, he had just finished paying off the car. It was a 94 Chrysler Le-Baron that he paid 1k for that's his first running car ever. He would have definitely gotten the ticket for it. Not only that, BUT... my registration is also expired. So I would have gotten a ticket for that too. So we're standing there hashing this all out with the officer. Stuff like I'm living in an extended stay pending purchase of my house... therefore since my registration is only 2 weeks expired and I'm moving at the beginning of September... it's far too much asspain to drive down to Pueblo County, wait in line 3 hours, renew my registration, and just have to do it again up in Douglas County like 3 weeks later. Especially since the extended stay I'm in is 3 hours away from P. County, and I'm working 10 hour days in another city. So looking at all of this, the officer gave us the option for both of us to avoid tickets and file online.

I'm just hoping she doesn't get totalled out. But I have a few things that might help me out with that. 1) even though it's a 94, it only has 121k miles so it's relatively low. 2) it only has ~7k miles post top end rebuild. Either way, if I can get enough cash for it to aquire materials (IE: Compressor, HVLP gun, rubber mallat as I seem to have lost mine, a bit of bondo, primer, paint and buffing materials) this will be my excuse to paint it a color thats less gay. The only thing I don't want to have to deal with is a salvage title. I mean, if I have to deal with one, I'll deal with it. I've put far too much blood sweat and tears into that car to just let 'er go. She still drives perfect. It's just that little "S" on the title would make it extremely difficult should I decide to sell in the future. So I guess we'll see.

Maruki-kun
08-14-2010, 05:19 PM
why would they total a dent?

MCcelica
08-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Because I bought the car in 2005 for 4k, and the slight bruise on my other car (paint jacked and a little plastic scrapage on the bumper) was estimated at a little over $400. The car just isn't worth very much, and there's so much prep work to be done, it'd be very labor intensive. So estimates may well be way over the value of the car.

T-spoon
08-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Yep, pretty much an identical car to the coupe I had for years. It's really kind of funny (in an odd way) that this happened. My dad actually put an almost identical dent into my 6gen's left quarter years ago with the front of my mom's minivan. He paid for the repair and I paid the difference to have the husband of a co-worker go ahead and paint the whole car a cool blue (it started out Teal just like MCcelica's). More power to anyone that really likes that teal color, but I say this is a great time to switch colors! :banana:

85gtsblackman
08-14-2010, 09:32 PM
i remember when i begged spoonman to sell me his car and he didnt and it got ruined, it still slightly saddends me so i got a red slow version instead

T-spoon
08-14-2010, 09:40 PM
i remember when i begged spoonman to sell me his car and he didnt and it got ruined, it still slightly saddends me so i got a red slow version instead

Yeah, you know.. it broke my heart seeing the pictures of it sitting on bricks with the interior torn up and the body more than a little worn. Hindsight and all that...

85gtsblackman
08-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, you know.. it broke my heart seeing the pictures of it sitting on bricks with the interior torn up and the body more than a little worn. Hindsight and all that...

*peeks outside to make sure the coupe is still there*

Eric Barrera
08-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Dude, that sucks. My car got hit today rear corner of the bumper >=/

alltracNyx
08-15-2010, 01:25 AM
No fault insurance is bullshit, just saying..

But NADA and KBB estimate your car to be worth between $1,800 (shitty condition) and $3,100 (excellent condition). I don't think the insurance should be estimating your car's value to be much less than the excellent condition rating, especially since you have relatively low miles on the car for it being 16 years old. So I would think you shouldn't have to worry about a salvage title, but you never know with some insurance companies...

Anywho, hope this works out for you..and it WOULD be a good opportunity to paint it a different color ;)

T-spoon
08-15-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm not certain of it, but I *think* companies use something like 40% as the cutoff for totaled and repairable, so if they say $3100 it would have to be like $1250 or more in damage. It may be that different companies have different policies on that so take it FWIW.

theadidasmunky
08-15-2010, 01:39 AM
i got hit in my tercel in that exact same spot. $1700 to fix. i took the money and left the dent...

rizin
08-15-2010, 03:07 AM
That sucks man. I still want to go on a drive sometime.

85gtsblackman
08-15-2010, 03:07 AM
i got hit in my tercel in that exact same spot. $1700 to fix. i took the money and left the dent...

but thats a tercel

Nitro_Alltrac
08-15-2010, 04:05 AM
I'm not certain of it, but I *think* companies use something like 40% as the cutoff for totaled and repairable, so if they say $3100 it would have to be like $1250 or more in damage. It may be that different companies have different policies on that so take it FWIW.

Not sure if it's state policy or corporate policy but when I was working in a dealer body shop, the threshold varied from company to company but it ran in the range of 70% to as much as 90% of the vehicle value. The big guys were normally 80% (State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide). Some of the little companies were the ones that went as high as 90% of the value.

As far as value goes, they seem to start with at the high end of the value range and depreciate things to arrive at a value. My mother totaled here 99 GTI about 6 months ago and Allstate gave here basically what KBB showed on the website. With your car showing low miles, they should start close to $3100.

MCcelica
08-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Yeah, most auto insurance companies I've dealt with have varied between 70-80% before they declare it totalled. Just with the claims process and whatnot where they make me get an estimate from a shop... I feel like it's going to be expensive. But we shall see.

Yeah, adidasmonkey, nobody freaken cares about a tercel. 6g celica coupes are one of the rarer cars on the road. If it was a tercel I'd put a few axe holes through it and finish the job.

Spoonman. That is kind of funny that that's what happened. I'm thinkin a nice black with burgundy pearl would look sick though. Yes? No? Maybe so?

T-spoon
08-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Hmmm, yeah, that color sounds nice. BUT... if you do that.. it's going to be begging for projector lights cause they'll stand out a lot more on the darker color :hehe:

MCcelica
08-15-2010, 07:12 AM
One step ahead of you spoony. :hehe:

theadidasmunky
08-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I was just giving you an idea of how much the damage costs. Like I said it was in the same spot and looked identical to that. Wasn't trying to compare a tercel to you almighty 6th gen. Sorry you took it that way I guess.

T-spoon
08-15-2010, 07:19 PM
I was just giving you an idea of how much the damage costs. Like I said it was in the same spot and looked identical to that. Wasn't trying to compare a tercel to you almighty 6th gen. Sorry you took it that way I guess.

OMG YOU SHOULD DIE!!! No but really, don't take it so personally. :banana:

MCcelica
08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Nah, I feel ya man. I'm just givin ya a hard time. And just because I can, Bow down to the all mighty 6th gen!!! :hehe:

85gtsblackman
08-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Spoonman. That is kind of funny that that's what happened. I'm thinkin a nice black with burgundy pearl would look sick though. Yes? No? Maybe so?

why did you havta give away what color im going to hopefully get the stx done next year

leave the hood black and that lexus red/burgandy pearl color , window tint, and me refinishing the rims currently on the car would be sex

MCcelica
08-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Oh oh... My bad doggie. haha

ChrisD
08-16-2010, 04:25 PM
FUUUUU!!!!!!

That sure sucks.