PDA

View Full Version : Gen2 to gen3 efi experts Please share your knowledge

lalojamesliz
08-13-2010, 05:19 AM
With the parts I bought from "Justins-MR2" on mr2oc today I have all the parts needed to convert my gen2's efi to a gen3 efi. Well I need the ecu and the AIT but I might have one. Has anyone made a diy for this? I spent a good chunk of time looking at threads that talk about it and how it is worth it but I did not see a thread with instructions :( does anyone know a thread??? Right now I have a 91 all-trac (3sgte) and I re-pined my ecu harness to run a 93 sard ecu. Parts I currently have: gen3 mat,coil,igniter,map and injectors and the rail along with everything I bought today from Justins-MR2. I wanted to buy a st205 ecu but I was reading it's easier to use a 3rd gen mr2 ecu because of code 54 i think? The code for the intercooler/pump. I have the st205 a2w I/C but with a Bosch pump. Do i need to wire in the gen3 map sensor straight to the ecu or just replace my current pressure sensor with it? What else do I need to wire guys? Someone please make a diy :(

zen
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
hey, i have a friend here in socal that has done this with is 2nd gen 3sgte into his st184. ill pm you with more info.

lalojamesliz
08-13-2010, 04:52 PM
That will be great :)

ChrisD
08-13-2010, 05:04 PM
I thought someone did a how-to...maybe Luni? When I swapped over I just repinned the ECU, and wired in the few extra things that I needed either with unused wires in the harness or a couple I might have run by themselves.

lalojamesliz
08-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Sent you a pm ChrisD