PDA

View Full Version : Power windows wiring

Optimel
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey guys! I got a 91 Celica ST-i. It came without power windows or electric locks, only powered mirrors. Now i can get my hands on the mechanics and the electrics to install power into the windows and of course the door panels. Found a 92 Celica GT-i in a pretty bad shape with the stuff still on and in perfect shape. My sti doesn't have wiring for all that though. Question: Is it possible to get the stuff working on my ST-i? Cuz many wannabe electricians told me it should be possible. I think that it is possible to get the windows and locks directly from the battery ( no ignition needed ) and get some wires from the left t door to the right door for the comands. What say you? In any case i would love if someone would help me with some schematics, cuz right now, as far as i saw the things, i might need to change some plugs in the system as well as someone uninstalled other stuff from that poor car with a knife (or other cutting device). I tried to see a handfull of electricians. After presenting my case to them most of them started to scratch behind the right ear with the left hand and uttered a very "professional" "errrr:... or "uuuh" leaving me to believe they have absolutely no idea. In the end every one of them told me it can be done and named huge prices for the work needed (the cheappest one was twice the price i would have to pay for the parts). Some help would be appreciated. Would love to have power windows on my 19.5 yo Toyo!

P.S. Excuse my bad english, i lack the terminology, i know, sorry!

Optimel
08-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Come on there's got to be someone that can help! Pleease! :)

alltracNyx
08-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, anything can be done, you just need the schematics to know what each of the wire colors require. You will definitely need an ignition source so that the windows can only be operated when the key is in the cylinder to the ON position.

How many wires are there for you to hook up? What colors are they? Can you possibly take a picture of the wires/harness that you need help hooking up. This should make it easier to figure out what you need.

Optimel
08-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Hey alltracNyx! Thank you for answering! So far I managed to install the left side (driver side) window and it's also working. YEEEY! I found 2 wires that were aparently placed there by factory default so i only needed to plug the system in! With the same 2 wires conected to the other door, the system won't budge! I think it might need a lot of wiring from the left door since i got some controls on it for the right door. I'll post some pics with the wires later on.