PDA

View Full Version : 1990 GT-Four JDM Speaker setup

Siyx
08-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what and how to change my speakers. I do not have the System 10 setup. As far as I can see I have 2 tweeters in the door (beside the mirrors) 2 4" speakers below the dash (I think thats the right size) and 2 speakers in the passenger area.
I run a 12" Pioneer sub in the trunk off a 600w MTX mono amp that I wont be changing (unless its to my 2x10" xplod's)

So what I would like to know is the exact size of each speaker I need to replace and the procedure to get at them all.
Thanks guys/gals !!

Galcobar
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM
The thread posted directly before your thread: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49069

Really, search is your friend.

alltracNyx
08-04-2010, 12:37 AM
You are right about the 4" speakers in the dash and the rears are 6.5".

To remove the fronts, you will need to remove the driver side underdash and passenger glove box; there are really no hidden bolts/screws so just look around. The speakers will be attached to the dash pieces.

The rear speakers can be removed by taking a small screwdriver or pick tool to pop off the speaker grille. The screws holding in the rear speakers may be a little difficult to get to without removing the whole panel, but it can be done with the right tools.

The tweeter covers also just pop off with a small screwdriver or pick tool, but if you intend on changing them and running the new wires and crossover that generally come with component speakers, then you probably want to remove the door panels to do so.

I'd keep the 12" Pioneer, but that's just because I'm a hater when it comes to the Sony Xplod series :P