PDA

View Full Version : Wheels offset previous post

blakeyg123
08-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Hey,

I have ST185 Widebody

I wanted to find out what the stock wheels are and how much room I have for changing

Width
Diameter
Offset
Hubsize

I found a post before that tells me but I can't find again for the life of me.

I was looking at 17in 7.5 tires are 205/50

Do you think they will fit.

Plus what do i have to watch out for when lowering

What is the best size for lowered 17" ? any ideas.

blakeyg123
08-03-2010, 06:32 AM
FOUND IT IN ANOTHER FORUM
HERE IS THE INFO I WAS LOOKING FOR

STOCK WHEEL SIZE

15x6.5 +39 offset

This means the stock wheels extend 47.25mm out past the hub and 120.25mm inside the fender from the hub.

TEST DATA

What we know fits on the front:

17x8.5 +35 (no rubbing at all)

17x9 +30

What we know fits on the rear:

17x9 +30 (rear fenders rolled)

17x10 +5 (sticks out slightly but has 12.5mm of clearance on the inside)

Conclusions thus far:

The max we've seen so far on the front is 142.5 mm on the inside and 82.5mm on the outside.

This means a 9 inch wide wheel on the front is very possible with something near a 30mm offset.

The max we've seen on the rear so far is 130mm on the inside and 120mm on the outside.

This means a 10 inch wide wheel should fit with an ideal offset of +10 or +12. A 9 inch wide wheel with a near 30mm offset, as stated above will also do nicely and should fill the fender well.

MORE COMPLICATIONS

If you're like me, for the circuit you prefer to stretch the tire and use as wide of wheels as possible. Keeping in mind the AWD, you most likely want to have all 4 wheels identical in at least width. If you crave deep dish like me, you know that the lower the offset, the deeper the lip you can obtain. How far is too far? Camber also affects things here, even only a few degrees of neg. camber can save a wheel or make it rub. Let's explore...

This is claimed to be 17x9 +30 all around. It looks good but could be pushed out wider slightly more. SLIGHTLY