PDA

View Full Version : Dragon MR2 Incident

renegadex
07-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Most of you guys don't know this, but back durring the end of the Dragon trip I had a little accident. I thought I would post this here to cronical my adventures so to speak.

We stayed in a cabin on Happy Valley road, which is right at the begining of the dragon (right at the rock slide this year unfortunatly). We were taking Happy Valley north to Maryville, there is a 180 hairpin that is just after where it crosses under Foothills Parkway, there is a dip right in the apex on the inside, my rear wheel hit it and the back end kicked out, caught traction and threw me in to the side of the mountain.

I cut down about four or five trees and ended up back on the road. I got very lucky in several ways in this accident:
1. No one was hurt.
2. There was no gaurd rail on the road, and there was about a 60' drop, luckaly I went up the mountan.
3. My windshild didn't break, airbag didn't go off, and radiator and ac condenser didn't get cracked, however were very much bent. The fans stopped working, but its an MR2 so I didn't need 'em anyway.
4. A cop showed up 5 minutes after (the only cop we saw the entire time were were there, not counting on the dragon) and didn't give me a ticket, and even offered to call a tow truck for me (if only there were more cops like her).
5. I drove the car all the way back to Mobile. It never ran hotter than it normally does, and after I adjusted my toe it drove mostly strait.

Pics:
CARnage
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5131/13308123630424232816708.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8017/13308123630428232916708.jpg

Lumberjacking. I'm do'n it wrong.
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8238/13308123630376231616708.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4232/13308123630392232016708.jpg
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/5573/13308123630412232516708.jpg

We ripped the bumper cover off, took off the now "V" shaped crash bar and threw them off the side of the mountan. The lower radiator support was literally ripped off the frame, the frame is only slightly dented where the crash bar bolts to the rails, both fenders and hood are bent up, the bumper support is mega bent up, the strut rod mount is bent and the floor board on the passengers side has a nice bulge in it.

After this I was looking for a decent hard top shell to swap all of my stuff in to, but all the ones I found were either beat to hell or too far away so I decided to stick with what I had. I ordered a Front nose cut form CRW and since I had to re-paint the car I decided to get everything that I wanted on the car before the paint. I ordered new window moldings, rear 1/4 windows, a brand new set of 94+ tails, a 94+ spoiler and trunk lid, and found some stock FD RX7 wheels. Now I'm trying to find some JDM thin door molding.

CRW had to order the front cut from Japan, they said it was going to take several months to get it. So far its been about 6 weeks, It just arrived in the country last week so hopefully I'll see it soon.

vip09
08-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Definitely lucky you didn't go off the other side of the road.

We gotta get it up and running soon!

UndaGrwnD
08-01-2010, 11:55 AM
cant see the pics..?

MCcelica
08-01-2010, 06:47 PM
red x

Murgatroy
08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Fixed.

goretro77
08-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Those pictures are painful to see. Glad your ok.

As you described thats a tough situation to encounter.

vip09
08-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Just for reference, this is the corner it happened on. True 180 degree downhill corner.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/vip09/timwreck.jpg

renegadex
08-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Here's a pic of the front end:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/227/img0036za.jpg

Here are the new items I have for my car so far:

New spoiler, trunk lid and tail lights.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4499/img0027p.jpg

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/715/img0029.jpg

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1379/img0012b.jpg

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8392/img0013wv.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5107/img0032bs.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1332/img0039s.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2258/img0040js.jpg

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/2532/img0043w.jpg

I'm not 100% on the spoiler just yet. I like it, but I don't know if I like it more than the 91-93. It is a hell of a lot lighter than the old one. I don't really know if I like the profile though. Gonna have to grow on me I guess. What do you guys think?

The new window molding, 1/4 windows, strut rod mount, windshield molding, red rear window stripping, ( the part that goes between the body and the large piece of fiberglass), 1/4 window vents, and lower radiator support:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1580/img0046ib.jpg

Just waiting for the front end to come in so I can get my car painted and be able to use all these nice new parts!

Hipster Lawrence
08-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Glad you are putting it all back together.

Not digging the wing at all. Just my opinion though. I really don't like the stock wing either. If I had a MK2 I'd paint the roof black and go wingless. Not on a red car though.

Murgatroy
08-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Glad you are putting it all back together.

Not digging the wing at all. Just my opinion though. I really don't like the stock wing either. If I had a MK2 I'd paint the roof black and go wingless. Not on a red car though.

I like that idea.

vip09
08-03-2010, 05:50 AM
I've seen two different wingless MK2's in person and didn't care for either.

renegadex
08-03-2010, 05:53 AM
Yeah I saw those wingless MK2s that Ryan is referring to and I can say that wingless is not my thing. I'm not really sure on the spoiler just yet I may stick with the '91.

donteatbugs
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
be different

T-spoon
08-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I like the 3piece myself. It's kind of funny, on the MKIII Supras they started with the 1p and later to a 3, but on the MR2s it was the other way around and both communities seem to like the later version of each. :hehe:

JDM SNUKUMZ
08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
crazy stuff but at least youre oka.

MCcelica
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM

I did something similar with my buddy's MkII. Did the black on top, the darker crimson red on bottom. Also we left his wing on. So that, the engine bay, and trunk went black too. It actually looks... fairly sexy.

renegadex
08-06-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm starting to think I shouldn't have went through Chico Raceworks for this front end.....

andy
08-06-2010, 07:37 AM
do we need to take a trip to cali?

renegadex
08-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah probably gonna have to do that.

renegadex
08-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I just got off the phone with Josh, he said that he is going to pick the front end up from the the frieght depot maybe Monday or Tuesday, check it out and ship it. Hopefully this happens.

Luni
08-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Call him every day. Remind him. Josh is a great guy, and he wont rip you off, but he oversells his time and stuff gets pushed back.

Shameless plug, but if you would have just let me drive your car this wouldnt have happened (I gotta say it Tim, you know I do)

renegadex
08-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I know hes a nice guy and I have had good transactions with him in the past, but when I spend more than three weeks pay on something and then have to work hard again to get him to ship it to me I think thats a bit crazy. When I send two emails that dont get a response, but then I see that he posted something on MR2OC after I sent him those emails it really gets me pist. He had time to post on the board, but didn't have time to respond to my email? Or for that matter go and pick up my front end? I'm just beyond ready to be able to really drive my car again.

Now we all know Vip is the ultimate Celica driver, would you consider yourself the ultimate MR2 driver? ;) I would actually like you to drive my car and just feel how shitty my suspension feels. Before the incident I was going to get some coilovers after I got my tax return when I came back from the dragon trip, now I'm using that plus more to fix my car.

Waffles!
08-06-2010, 10:28 PM
if you would have just let me drive your car this wouldnt have happened

Ouch, but you see who's MR2 made it out of the Dragon meet without incident. :hsughno:

Seriously though, I am sorry you went off-roading in the 2, but I am glad you're using this as a really good excuse to get some nice things done to the car.

renegadex
08-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Well Jas, be glad you have stock suspension. My car bounces all over the place and makes it very scary through a rough corner. Word of advice: if you ever decide to upgrade your suspension, do yourself a favor and at least get some Konis.
I know this accident was my fault, and there were things I could have done to avoid it. I think there were a lot of factors in play that lead to it. One being my unfamiliarity with the road, another being my speed in to the corner, those shitty AGXs, turbo lag, the bla bla bla. I guess I could go on and on about what I think the factors for this were, but I guess it was just the idiot behind the wheel ultimately who is to blame.

Luni
08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
She doesnt have stock suspension. She has your struts. She just has stock springs.

Hers was OK. I had some issues with some bump steer, but I made it through.

On this site? Yeah most definately the ultimate MR2 driver. Dude, if I was a less honorable man, I could have prolly had Jasmin at the bottom of the dragon if I wanted to just off my mad skillz :p LOL jk. She kept saying "holy shit you can drive" "oh my god I didnt know this car could do that"

Next year bitch. Youll have to let me shoot it around somewhere. Even if not on the dragon, just let me drive it. PearlJammzz, Baby Bear, Kanoodle, Jasmin can all vouch for me.

renegadex
08-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Weird, when did she change her struts? Mine are about 6 or 7 years old. From what I can remember they feel just as they did back when I installed them. I just wonder if they changed them any. If im coming around a corner and hit a bump, even on a flat corner, my back end feels like it just gets a lot lighter. I really need to get rid of them stat, but I'm going to have to wait untill I get all of the body stuff finished.

I drive around vips MR2 and it just feels so much different. He has some springs, (cant remember the brand) and some GR2s and his car just feels so much more stable than mine. Though much softer. His car doesnt bounce all over the place like mine. Mine is really bad on the interstate it's not smooth at all.

Jas, how is your car on the interstate? Even if they are set to full soft, my car still bounces quite badly.

Luni
08-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Her car actually rides pretty nice. I have to say I was impressed, however it doesnt surprise me cause shes on stock 93 springs.

The only issues I had with it was rebound over bumps, thus creating a bit of bump steer. I got her ass end airborne and sideways a couple times, but it was fun.

Waffles!
08-07-2010, 01:03 AM
The AGXs were installed by a previous owner of the car. I could probably look through the pile of receipts I got with the car to get an idea on when they were installed, but I'm lazy. The car is pretty smooth for the most part, but like Luni says, I do get a bit of bump steer. The car is really forgiving for my newb driving skills, and it's nice to know that the car can handle a lot more than I throw at it.

renegadex
08-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Yeah When I was on Stock 91 springs with those AGXs it was just as bad as the TRD springs I'm on now. I'm sure Ryan will chime in here with maybe even a video, but he can attest to how retarded bouncy my car is.

Hipster Lawrence
08-08-2010, 06:25 PM
On this site? Yeah most definately the ultimate MR2 driver.

Pfft.

donteatbugs
08-08-2010, 09:41 PM
i drive the shit out of mr2s...you guys are crtazy

Hipster Lawrence
08-09-2010, 12:16 AM
The only issues I had with it was rebound over bumps, thus creating a bit of bump steer. I got her ass end airborne and sideways a couple times, but it was fun.

Bump steer on stock springs? That surprises me. The dampers have nothing to do with bump steer so it would be there on stock struts too.

vip09
08-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Tim's MR2 really does bounce around. Even on the interstate his back end was visibly bouncing up and down just going down the highway.. and I was right behind him and it felt perfectly smooth to me in my car. So his car definitely has some issues.

Luni
08-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Caveman what are you smoking? If the struts bound/rebound is off and you hit an off camber turn with a bump or series of bumps that affects that one side and the damper cant move fast enough to stick it, shits gonna get bouncy and your tires might lose contact with the road.

And we have talked about driving too. If you drove an MK2 turbo the same way as you do in your aw11 youd slide everywhere or spin.

I have over 100k miles of seat time in an MK2 turbo. Mine survived countless canyon runs and 8 winters. I owned it 9 years and about 120k miles. I think thats more time owning an mr2 than anyone else on here. So yeah, Im keeping the ultimate mr2 driver title.

Waffles!
08-09-2010, 02:54 PM
If the struts bound/rebound is off and you hit an off camber turn with a bump or series of bumps that affects that one side and the damper cant move fast enough to stick it, shits gonna get bouncy and your tires might lose contact with the road.

And that's exactly what happened in my MR2 at the Dragon: going around a corner, hit a bump, car bounces, tire(s) lose contact with the road, things get interesting very quick

Im keeping the ultimate mr2 driver title.

Awww.... I was hoping that title could be mine one day :frown:

Hipster Lawrence
08-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Caveman what are you smoking? If the struts bound/rebound is off and you hit an off camber turn with a bump or series of bumps that affects that one side and the damper cant move fast enough to stick it, shits gonna get bouncy and your tires might lose contact with the road.

\

Well that is a totally different phenomena than bump steer.

Bump steer is toe change on compression or Droop. Usually not a problem with stock height cars but on a lowered car it becomes a problem due to the different arcs that the tie rod and LCA follow.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

And we have talked about driving too. If you drove an MK2 turbo the same way as you do in your aw11 youd slide everywhere or spin.

Yeah I know. Just messin with you. I've never even really driven an mk2 other than the few times I've worked on them and test drove them around the block.

I think I could adjust to the extra power and different brake bias though. Other than having to worry about wheelspin they should pretty much drive the same. The suspension design is almost identical.

I bet you wouldn't be able to leave me too far behind on a real curvy road where you couldn't really use all that power.

renegadex
08-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Well that is a totally different phenomena than bump steer.

Bump steer is toe change on compression or Droop. Usually not a problem with stock height cars but on a lowered car it becomes a problem due to the different arcs that the tie rod and LCA follow.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Yeah I know. Just messin with you. I've never even really driven an mk2 other than the few times I've worked on them and test drove them around the block.

I think I could adjust to the extra power and different brake bias though. Other than having to worry about wheelspin they should pretty much drive the same. The suspension design is almost identical.

I bet you wouldn't be able to leave me too far behind on a real curvy road where you couldn't really use all that power.

I don't know Larry, even though the mk2 has basically the same suspension desig, but weight makes the car totally diffrent to drive. Turbo lag to has is a factor too, mine spools up at 4k. When I had my mk1 I used to throw that thing around corners and never worry about it. The mk2 is much more of a handfull. I have done some crazy things on the street and never once spun it. My mk2 however I spun that thing several times on the street.

renegadex
08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Well I called Josh this morning, got the voice mail. He called me back a little bit later, told me that he was running a few errands then heading over to pick an engine up along with my front end. He told me to call him back around 3 his time. Called him back around 3:45 and went strait for voice mail, called back around 4:50 his time and he didn't answer.

I'm going to call him again tomorrow and see what the hell is going on. It's almost been 4 weeks since he said he was expecting it, which means it sat in the freight depot for that long before he got around to picking it up. If he even did. It's getting beyond the point of retarded for me. I can understand the process of looking for one and shipping it over here from Japan taking as long as he said it would, however once it touched ground in this country I would expect it sit for no longer than a week at the max.

If I don't get this damn thing in the next week or so I'm going on a campaign.

Hipster Lawrence
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't know Larry, even though the mk2 has basically the same suspension desig, but weight makes the car totally diffrent to drive. Turbo lag to has is a factor too, mine spools up at 4k. When I had my mk1 I used to throw that thing around corners and never worry about it. The mk2 is much more of a handfull. I have done some crazy things on the street and never once spun it. My mk2 however I spun that thing several times on the street.

All that makes sense. I guess I won't know til I get one. I fell in love with that jackass's peral white one at the dragon this year so I want one. Not a turbo though I want either a beams or a 2gr.

I'm not that good of a driver I just talk alot of shit.

donteatbugs
08-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Thats our friend from birmingham's mr2. it is exceptionally clean. i would have better suspension work done on it though.

Luni
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah, better suspension and a better driver.

Im such an elitist asshole sometimes, it kills me.

But what kills me more (and Im NOT talking about you here Tim - Im really not, I promise) is when guys put all this time and money into their cars, make them all fast, and sweet looking and they DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE THEM FOR SHIT.

K. my rant is over.

renegadex
08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Sometimes I wish I went with the BEAMS rather than the 3SGTE. I cant say that I have ever felt the power of the BEAMS, but I really want to recapture the feel of the MK1 in an MK2

BabyBear
08-11-2010, 04:50 PM

But what kills me more (and Im NOT talking about you here Tim - Im really not, I promise) is when guys put all this time and money into their cars, make them all fast, and sweet looking and they DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE THEM FOR SHIT.

K. my rant is over.

I resent that, asshole :burnrubber:

Hipster Lawrence
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Thats our friend from birmingham's mr2. it is exceptionally clean. i would have better suspension work done on it though.

He was a cool guy and the car was awesome but he needs to stay on his side of the road on the dragon. I don't think you could see from behind bloodmoney but he was all over the place.

Luni
08-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Ditch everything that weighs anything. Convert to manual steering rack. Ditch your AC, hardlines, conditioner, anything you can do to get your weight down. Get the lightest exhaust system you can get, get the lightest wheels you can get, get rid of ABS, the ABS tree, all that crap. No spare tire, nothing extra in there.

My MR2 weighed 2650 lbs. Thats about as much as an MK1 SC car. They arent THAT much lighter than mine was.

And ditch your TD06 and get something thats quicker spooling. Maybe get yourself some adjustable cam gears and retard your exhaust cam 5 degrees, advance your intake 2 degrees (Or just get Gen3 cams). And get yourself an RPM window switch so you can hold your TVIS closed to help spool your turbo and give you that torque.

There is ALOT you can do to increase the response of the turboed engine. Mine was almost instant throttle response after my Gen3 EFI swap, and after the guy who bought it put my TKO 3 inch exhaust on there it REALLY woke that engine up.

I had a 20b though. That turbo is pretty much perfect for what youre looking for I think, but I know theres stuff you can do to make that TD06 spool quicker as well.

I have an RPM window switch in my closet. I bought it brand new from Summit. Id send it to you if you wanna play with it and see if you can make it feel better by adjusting the TVIS opening point.

Hipster Lawrence
08-11-2010, 04:56 PM

K. my rant is over.

Me too. Why do you think I love my torqueless wonders so much?

Because No matter how stupid I get on exit or how scared I get mid corner chances are I am not gonna get into too much trouble. I understand that I would need to drive ALOT smoother in an mk2.

Luni
08-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Dude, you should give one a shot sometime. See if Jas will let you take her NA out a bit, and just toss it around a parking lot or something.

Its a bit different, much less forgiving, but its pretty damn rewarding when you do it right and it just DOES what you want it to and you actually had to DRIVE your car to get it there (shameless plug on ease of MK1). Love you caveman!

Waffles!
08-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Caveman, if you want, we can get together and trade cars for a couple hours or something. My car is really easy to drive and pretty damn forgiving. And it would be fun to see what an MkI is all about.

Hipster Lawrence
08-11-2010, 10:40 PM
LOL remember it's a 20v you'll have to drive it like you hate it to have any fun. Quite different than your torque monster 5sfe.

I'd be scared to get too crazy in your car Jas. But your offer is tempting. Maybe at the next meet in oct if time permits.

Waffles!
08-12-2010, 03:15 AM
LOL remember it's a 20v you'll have to drive it like you hate it to have any fun. Quite different than your torque monster 5sfe.

I'd be scared to get too crazy in your car Jas. But your offer is tempting. Maybe at the next meet in oct if time permits.

Deal. I'd love beat on a 20v. With my car, it's all about being in the right gear and just being gentle and smooth with your movements.

renegadex
08-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Well I talked to Josh the other day and I am going to ask for my money back. He told me the front end was fucked up. What gets me isnt that the front end is fucked up, I thought there might be a chance of that, what really gets me though is that it sat at the freight depot for almost 4 weeks before he even went to look at it, if i would have found this information out 4 weeks ago I would have been dissapointed, but not pissed off. Who ever thinks that you first pay for the part then have to annoy the seller enough to order it, pick it up and ship it is fucking smoking crack.

After I told him that I was starting school back in a couple of weeks and needed the car done before then, he said something like " Oh well now that I know you have a deadline, I know what time frame I'm working with." WTF??? Because I didnt tell him that I was going back to school in mid Aug. that I didnt want it before that or need the parts before that? It dosnt matter how nice of a guy he is if he doesnt take care of his customers. I gave him money to do something for me. I didnt give him money so i could do all the foot work.

He did offer me a front end off of a front clip that was coming in but he said that it was going to be a few weeks before he gets it. After I told him that I had a deadline, he said he might be able to scrounge up enough parts off some of the cars there, but I didnt order a front cut to have parts pieced off of other cars. At this point I'm just pissed off and just want to get this done and over with.
I found a place in Canada that is selling a front end, they have it in stock. I'll be paying more for it, but it's in stock and they will have it to me in a week. I asked for pictures we'll see how it looks. I wanted to buy a front end from a company in the country, but looks like thats just not going to happen.

Waffles!
08-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Sorry to hear about that. I wish I had some advice for you, but good luck in getting the car back together.

vip09
08-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I think it's time for that trip to Cali.

Luni
08-13-2010, 03:53 PM
So you can do what? Beat up Josh at CRW and get MR2 parts? :p lol

4thgenceli
08-13-2010, 03:59 PM
So you can do what? Beat up Josh at CRW and get MR2 parts? :p lol
I can use some non-LSD inner stubs :P

At first I thought you were talking about me, but then scrolled back.

renegadex
08-13-2010, 10:03 PM
After several trys to call him he yesterday, he finally called me back. I figured that I might as well try to work something out with him. He told me he was running an errand but when he got back he would check the lot for parts that could be easily pulled off of other cars to replace the parts that were messed up on my front end. He told me that he would call me back with what he found. I told him "that's fine, if you can find something that's in good condition off another car that's ok as long as I get my front end."
Guess what happened? He didn't call back! And when I called him later that day he didn't answer.

I have been trying to get in touch with him today but he seems to be screening his calls. I'm on my last nerve with this guy. At this point I'm about to tell those looking for mr2 parts to look elsewhere.

andy
08-14-2010, 07:57 AM
call your credit card company, get a charge back. fuck his name all over the forums.

renegadex
08-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Seeing how I thought I would actually get my item I had paypal draw the money directly out of my checking account and the 45 day dispute period has expired, so I think I'm just screwed at this point.

I can appreciate that the guy runs this business by himself, gets used body parts for a dead platform, and builds engines and what not. However his lack of communication and and the fact that he blatantly ignores my phone calls and emails just really pisses me off. Really a phone call takes about five minutes, is it so much to ask for when he's been sitting on my $700 since June 17th? Also like I have said before when he pretty much forgets about you until you call him and remind him that you exist is no way to run a business.

I hope you guys are learning from my mistake. When it comes down to it, if this is the way he treats all of his customers, how the he'll does he get return business? I don't want to drive an MR2/Toyota specific shop out of existence because there are so few of them around, but should anyone have to deal with this just because we own a MR2/Toyota? It's like a double edged sword, If we don't buy from him we cant get parts, if we do buy from him we cant get parts. What the hell are we all supposed to do?

Luni
08-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I sent him an email and let him know about this thread. Hopefully he will chime in soon, get you taken care of or get you a refund, whatever.

mister3
08-15-2010, 02:19 AM
first off you special ordered a mr2 nose cut + front end parts you knew i did not have in stock and would have to get with my supplier to source for you. the nose cut that did arrive did not meet your expectations we spoke about so i just planned on sending another one i was getting in your way once it got here which i believe is the front end i requested and the nose cut i got in was just happenstance.

since you knew the nose cut had to be ordered + need to be in above avergae condition (for nose cuts i get in) i don't know why you expect it to get in in a reasonable amount of time considering it is just getting shipped in a container with the rest of stuff coming from overseas not like it was being express shipped by itself from Japan.

i did mention that i didn't know you had to have "it" within a certain amount of time and that i would look in the yard here and see what i could scrounge up for you to complete your order. unfortuunatly the bumper covers i have are prety trashy along with the lips i have for them so will have to wait until the nose cut that fits your needs arrives.

andy
08-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I dont think he was mad about that, he was just mad because you wouldnt respond to any form of communication. 700 dollars is alot and the least you could do is call back when YOU say you would. I understand that the parts are hard and the shipping is slow and everything, I bet tim wouldnt be mad at all if you just keep him informed.

renegadex
08-15-2010, 06:29 AM
I know it was going to take some time to arrive from Japan, you told me 1-3 months, I know you had to special order me the front end and I am upset about it arriving damaged, but I understand that stuff like that happens.

What just made me angry is that you told me it was going to arrive the week of July 19th (basing this off the email you sent me), and you picked it up on the 10th of this month. That's at least 3 weeks, at most almost 4 weeks before you found out that it was damaged. I'm not saying you had to pick it up the day it arrived, but finding that there was a problem with it 3 weeks prior would, I assume be useful to the both of us.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, I really don't like being that way. I just feel like I have my back up against the wall sometimes. If it's going to take a couple of weeks to find a replacement, it's just going to have to take a couple of weeks. As I stated in earlier posts, I know this stuff isn't easy to get. I will say that the thing that made me go in to a frenzy the most was the fact that I felt like I was getting screwed because of the lack of communication. I would send 2 or 3 emails and you would respond to one of them, I would call you several times over the period of a couple of days, you would call me back once. That's what freaked me out, thinking that you were just walking off with my money and making stuff up just to keep me contempt. I have been screwed over hard in the past to the tune of several thousands of dollars buying car parts from a far away location. Did not want a repeat.

Believe me, I can appreciate the fact that you are pretty much a one man show and shit can and does get hectic. I'm in the parts business myself, order something that's going to take a few weeks or months to get, and it drops out of your mind until you have this part sitting in your face and you don't remember who ordered it. I just need to know that my shit is being taken care of in a timely manner because my time is just as important as yours. Not really saying that you aren't aware of that, just based of the communication that I have been getting back makes me feel otherwise.

Luni
08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Dude, Josh isnt going to screw you over. He might take some time to get what you want. He might even take some time to get it shipped. But he will NOT screw you over.

Kanoodle
08-17-2010, 10:15 PM
She doesnt have stock suspension. She has your struts. She just has stock springs.

Hers was OK. I had some issues with some bump steer, but I made it through.

On this site? Yeah most definately the ultimate MR2 driver. Dude, if I was a less honorable man, I could have prolly had Jasmin at the bottom of the dragon if I wanted to just off my mad skillz :p LOL jk. She kept saying "holy shit you can drive" "oh my god I didnt know this car could do that"

Next year bitch. Youll have to let me shoot it around somewhere. Even if not on the dragon, just let me drive it. PearlJammzz, Baby Bear, Kanoodle, Jasmin can all vouch for me.

My boys got skills when it comes to the sw20 platform. But he is not the only one that can tear it a new asshole :)

IluvMY90celica
08-18-2010, 06:43 AM
wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww

renegadex
08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Well the last time I talked to Josh was on the 12th, his post here was on the 14th which he has not responded to. He told me on the 12th that he was going to have a front clip in a couple of weeks. So I called him on the 24th and got the voice mail and left a message, called on the 26th and got the voice mail and called yesterday, the 27th and got the voice mail and left another message.

Josh if you actually read this, all I want you to do is call me and tell me what is going on. I don't think that's too much to ask for. It's only going to take five minutes out of your day. This is what got me angry in the first place.

vip09
08-29-2010, 03:11 AM
He's clearly avoiding you. It takes what, 2 minutes at the most to answer the phone and give a status report?

vip09
09-02-2010, 07:17 AM
So Tim still hasn't heard from Josh @ CRW yet. It's been almost 3 weeks of continuous calls, voicemail, etc. and no response. I definitely won't be buying from Chico Raceworks any more.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Tim you need to post here:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103

http://mr2oc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

renegadex
09-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Well I called him again yesterday and left a message stating that I was upset with the lack of communication and that If he didn't call me back that I would be forced to post something on MR2OC. I don't want to hurt the mans business, but I think that the fact that in the last week since the 24th I called him 6 times leaving 3 messages and even emailed him and have yet to receive a response.

I know hes busy, but I also have noticed that he was posting on MR2OC after some of my calls. I'm not sure how long his days are but I'm basing this off of a 9-5 work day. I wouldn't expect him to call me after 5pm there or anything like that, but I have noticed on several occasions after I called him he took some time to post on the board. You guys can tell me if I'm wrong, but the way I look at it is if he has time to post on a message board, he has time to call me and talk to me for 5 minutes to give me at least a status update.

donteatbugs
09-02-2010, 12:55 PM
i hate people that dont communicate and that dont have a fast turn around time from when you buy something from them. i like having things in the mail the next day after i buy them, thats a company ill do business with again.

renegadex
09-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Well Ben, I understand that there were problems with the front end that I ordered and that it is going to take some time to remedy the problem. I really needed this car running last month. As much as I am disappointed with this, I guess that's just life. However what I can't stand is the lack of communication. It makes me royally pist when I give someone my money and they are obviously ignoring me. In this regard I think I have shown a fairly good amount of patience. I did leave him a couple of charged messages on his voice mail. but nothing I would consider out of line.

What it boils down to is I want 1 of 3 things:
1. My front end the way I ordered it,
2. Refund me $200 and send what he has, including a set of fog lights, (if no fogs, then $250)
3. Just a full refund (would honestly rather have a front end then this, but if that's what happens, that's what happens.)

I Have been trying to get in contact with him to discuss this, but he has yet to answer his phone or call me back. At this point I'm getting to the end of my rope. I just want to drive my MR2 again!

renegadex
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Well I made a post on MR2OC and Josh said he would call me sometime today. Well see if that happens.

On a side note, I just bought a gen3 head with HKS 264s and ATS cam gears. That should get my car running right.

vip09
09-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I like how he said "will do sometime tomorrow"

I seriously doubt he will call you.

Grats on the head though! I can't wait until we get it on.. :idb:

Luni
09-10-2010, 05:17 PM
That head have intake manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body etc?

That WILL make your car run like a motherfucker Tim.

I dibs a chance to drive it next time Im down there assuming you get your shizz.

renegadex
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I actually bought then manifolds TB and another bare head but didn't realize that the cam caps weren't included. So with this new head I will have everything I need. Now I just need a gen3 engine gasket set, but I can't seem to find a Toyota set. So if anyone needs a bare gen3 head with no caps I'll be glad to sell it cheap.

When are you coming down here anyway? I have a queen size bed and no one to share it with!

By the way, Josh did not call me yesterday.

Luni
09-10-2010, 06:44 PM
No cam caps? Thats pretty much a worthless head as far as I know.

Hopefully the head/cams was about the cost of the cams so you didnt get hosed on that.

renegadex
09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah I got a really good deal on the head and cams, $725. I only paid about $100 bucks for the head without the caps. He didnt specifically say that it didnt have them, all he said in the ad was sold as shown in picture. So that was my own fault.

Luni
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I know someone who might be interested in buying those valves off you.

vip09
09-11-2010, 04:23 AM
I really hope it helps because his car is SLOOOOWWW for what it has.

renegadex
09-11-2010, 05:33 AM
yeah, a car with my mods should not be running mid 14's.

donteatbugs
09-11-2010, 03:01 PM
nooooo! and mine should be high 11s

andy
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
fa lol, ole corolla bout to put a stomp down

renegadex
09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Ben, we should have Ryan build our engines. They will blow up, but they will be fast as hell. :iorun:

donteatbugs
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM
ill keep my safe slow engine...i think it was ryans 14.7 tune that made him fast

renegadex
09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Well hell I can run 14.7 in the MR2. Honestly I think my fastest pass in the MR2 was a 14.1. I will say that my trans is making things difficult, but it hasnt blown up yet or dropped a gear so Im not going to replace it just yet.

Hipster Lawrence
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM
fa lol, ole corolla bout to put a stomp down

Thats 14 seconds not minutes Andy.

andy
09-13-2010, 06:55 AM
the turbo put me in the seconds range.

Hipster Lawrence
09-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I live my life a quarter mile at a time and for those 10 minutes or less I'm free.

Waffles!
09-14-2010, 04:37 AM
I live my life a quarter mile at a time and for those 10 minutes or less I'm free.

I went to "like" this, then realized that this is not Facebook.

Tuminatuh
09-15-2010, 02:39 AM
Man, reading all this MR2 hooplah makes me all the sadder my Celi engine blew and I'm stuck with a MKII now...

Well, looking forward to the next meet anyways!

- Tum

Hipster Lawrence
09-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Man, reading all this MR2 hooplah makes me all the sadder my Celi engine blew and I'm stuck with a MKII now...

Well, looking forward to the next meet anyways!

- Tum

Eh Tim just has been having bad luck lately. It has nothing to do with mr2s.

renegadex
09-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Well the Head was shipped today, Fedex shows a delivery date of the 22nd. I still need to find a gen3 gasket set that isn't retarded expensive.

On a side note the only major things I need for my body are the JDM thin door and fender moldings and the front end. I guess I also need a receiver for my AC system and various bolts.

Those of you who have an MR2OC account can check this out: http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=399551

Tuminatuh
09-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Eh Tim just has been having bad luck lately. It has nothing to do with mr2s.

Oh, I know... I'm saying it makes me sad because it reminded me of losing my Celica to a blown motor... I'd rather still have my Celi than this MR2...

- Tum

renegadex
09-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Well the head arrived at my parents house yesterday, after class I'm going to head over there and take a peek. I'll take some pics for you guys.

Luni
09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
And den?

renegadex
10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3531/img0071ae.jpg
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6528/img0072qe.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5082/img0073g.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2760/img0074dg.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9281/img0075rl.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4783/img0076uf.jpg
Combustion chamber 1
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2039/img0077hms.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/138/img0078cl.jpg
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3565/img0079nz.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/435/img0080zk.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6255/img0082id.jpg

:pedobear:

renegadex
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
UPDATE! STILL waiting for this front end!

renegadex
10-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Update:
Just bought some JIC Magic FLTA2 Coilovers!
No more lame AGXs!

Luni
10-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Woot. Had my car on a canyon run and Im so LOVIN my TRDs. Good coilovers win.

Hipster Lawrence
10-27-2010, 06:50 PM
are your old front inserts blown? I'll take them if not.

donteatbugs
10-27-2010, 07:36 PM
i see what your doing larry

renegadex
10-28-2010, 06:25 AM
Larry, I don't think they are blown. I have had them for about 6 years or so though. I would be willing to sell them to you after I make sure there is nothing wrong with these coilovers. I'll let em go cheap too just cause I like you. lol

donteatbugs
10-29-2010, 11:53 AM
im sure andy might have wanted them too....

renegadex
10-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Andy didn't ask first lol.

Hipster Lawrence
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
I need them worse I'm on drop springs
With blown shocks. I can't afford new tokiko blues
I was going to get some gr2s.

temperacerguy
10-31-2010, 09:03 PM
I have over 100k miles of seat time in an MK2 turbo. Mine survived countless canyon runs and 8 winters. I owned it 9 years and about 120k miles. I think thats more time owning an mr2 than anyone else on here. So yeah, Im keeping the ultimate mr2 driver title.

4 MR2s (91 and 92 Turbos)
1600 combined HP
at least 30 track days well over 100 autocrosses
canyon runs were a weekend hobby living in AZ and So Cal.
SCCA and NASA events
well over 400K miles seat time in MR2s
16 years owning MR2 Turbos.
Was a member of the origional MR2 club sponsored by Toyota

I'll take that title thank you... LOL

Luni
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Well, then I guess Ill concede it to you if its all true.

Wait. Edit.

Did you ever wreck any of them? To be the "ultimate MR2 driver" you cant have wrecked one.

renegadex
11-03-2010, 04:18 AM
In order to become the ultimate MR2 driver you have to have had at least one accident, then risen from the ashes to become a better MR2 driver.

renegadex
11-03-2010, 04:21 AM
P.S. here is some eye candy. Little dirty at the moment.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3958/img0112ew.jpg

Luni
11-03-2010, 06:03 AM
In order to become the ultimate MR2 driver you have to have had at least one accident, then risen from the ashes to become a better MR2 driver.

Keep telling yourself that Tim.

Good job on the coilovers tho. Mine has the TRDs and I LOVE them.

renegadex
11-03-2010, 06:36 AM
It seems that the ps rack and the crash bar I ordered have just come in. I'm tired of that slow manual rack. Hope this helps a bit. I ordered that crash bar so I could get the body shop at work to take care of the frame while I'm waiting on the damn front end.

temperacerguy
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
No wrecks....
MR2 #1 was purchased in 94. In 99 it threw a rod, the engine got pulled, and a Genuine TRD wide body was purchased. It's been in storage and is currently being gathered together for a twin turboed V6 "ultimate MR2"
MR2 #2 competed in the first battle of the imports running an 11.73@124MPH (quite a feat for back in the day), shortly after an early EMS system was installed (by a very well known tuner) back in 1999, one of his spliced power wires grounded to the chassis near the stock fuse box, causing a harness fire that consumed the engine bay. This MR2 is sitting in my mother's back yard, everything has been gathered for a full rebuild, I just don't have the time to do so.
MR2 #3 is well known as "The SCC project MR2) where 18 articles were done featuring the build-up of the car... The car eventually hit 760HP, and was scheduled for a huge "it's completed!" article. It was fully painted, body kit installed (it was the classic aeroware kit, minus the ugly ass side intakes), however the author of the article, and also author of a book on fasteners, installed a fuel return line that was far too small for the volume of fuel being pumped through. Just coming off of idle, leaving a light, I thought "is that gas I smell" and the rear of the car exploded. The engine was salvaged, and used in another project, but the car was a complete loss.
MR2 #4 was a stereo project. 13 speakers, 5.1 dolby digital surround, 2200W. I striped the stereo, installed it in my evo, and sold the car about 3 years ago.

The only car I've ever crashed, was an accord that lost a lower ball joint after hitting a pot hole, I was already hard on the brakes as the guy in front of me slammed on his. I would have missed him, but when I lost that wheel, the car lost 50% of it's front braking, and we slid into him.

Tuminatuh
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Hell, in just the few short months I've had my MR2, I've spun it 3 times!

Once in the rain going 20 mph with slick tires... once on the interstate when I had to swerve to avoid hitting an object on the road (I clipped my rear bumper on the guardrail)... and once when I was racing a Mustang through a mountain road (I lost the back end coming out of a chicane and braking into a hard left). Luckily, I know what to do in a spin so, I've avoided any disasters...

Of course, that was with crappy tires (wrong size, too) in the rear, alignment out of whack, two different wheel sizes in the rear (one 14x6 and one 14x7), and one of the front struts broken.... but, until you get used to it, the MR2 is still a bit tricky to master at its limits. I have a feeling that, if I ever total this thing, it will be because of over-steer.

Since I've gotten my new wheels/tires, I haven't had any problems with the back-end coming out. And, once I get the alignment done, (I'm running POSITIVE CAMBER on the front-left! wtf?) I'm sure I'll have no problems with snap-oversteer....... knock on wood...

- Tum

Luni
11-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Dude. Its an NA. You have to drive like a complete tool in an NA to get the ass end to come out.

You need to fix all your suspension woes and put some decent tires on it. You shoudlnt have any problems with a 93 NA MR2 acting "squirrely".

Tuminatuh
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Dude. Its an NA. You have to drive like a complete tool in an NA to get the ass end to come out.

You need to fix all your suspension woes and put some decent tires on it. You shoudlnt have any problems with a 93 NA MR2 acting "squirrely".

Dude. I was running 225/60 highway tires (HUGE, BULDGING things) in the back with a 6" wheel on one side and a 7" on the other side. Also, the tires were almost slick.

Yeah... it was squirelly. Once I put a 7" wheel on the left side, it made a world of difference. Still slippery as hell in the back, but it was more the tires than the suspension. I barely had to bump the throttle in a turn to bring the ass-end around.

But, like I said, I have new wheels and tires now and I have no problems.

- Tum

renegadex
11-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Rob, how do your coilovers feel? These are kind of bouncy like my old setup was. Really it feels a lot like that setup with the exception that it takes bumps better, has a much cleaner\crisper feeling turn in and feels like it wants to turn more than it did before.

Luni
11-05-2010, 01:34 AM
My coilovers arent bouncy at all. My car rides really nice. Too bad you dont live closer to me, you could drive the car and see for yourself.

Do your coilovers have adjustable dampening? How low are you running them?

renegadex
11-05-2010, 05:15 AM
They do adjust, I was running them on setting 6 now I'm trying setting 10. It goes to 15. I haven't set them to 0, but I can't see how it would be much different from 6. At 6 and 10 they feel like they are just about the same. Still just about bouncy as before. The last time I rode in an MR2 with coilovers the car felt solid, no bouncing, just very solid. I was hoping these would be that way too but I guess they aren't. Unless maybe the struts are blown.

donteatbugs
11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
i bet you need a rebuild on those tim. did you move the rod through its range on the different settings to see how it felt?

renegadex
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Yeah I'm thinking that I will probably have to rebuild them. I read that they were stiff and bounced a little, but I think this is excessive. I didn't take them apart to test them, I just slapped them on.

renegadex
11-10-2010, 06:17 AM
I bought a crash bar separate from my front clip, since I haven't yet received it, in order to get my frame pulled and ready for the front end when it comes in. Now I have been waiting for the collision center at my dealership to have enough time to work on it. They told me they could do the frame pull for $135, which to me is pretty damn cheap.I also need the new lower core support spot welded back in to place, which I assume won't be too expensive. I took it to another body shop and they told me that they wanted $500 just to pull the frame, so I think I'll stick with the one where I work.

renegadex
12-14-2010, 01:28 AM
STILL waiting on this front end.

renegadex
02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
UPDATE!!!!!!!!11!ONE

I got my money back from Josh finally last week. The same day I ordered a front end from some chop shop in Canada. They shipped it out on Monday and it will be here tomorrow. Hopfully it will be in good shape when it arrives!

Idiot Stick
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Wait, TRD makes coilovers for the mr2? I've got the springs and Koni struts...but coilovers? When? Where? and how much? :D

Also, Luni, I've noticed we have identical car tastes LOL.

Is your Celica Carbon Blue too, by chance?

donteatbugs
02-07-2011, 08:02 PM
nope, his si red but mine is carbon blue

Luni
02-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah Idiot (not an insult, thats your name clearly :p), Theres 2 types of TRD coilovers for the MR2. Theres the TRD streets, which are white, and the TRD track ones which are black.

My car has the streets. It rides badass. Love those things.

Tim, you dont have an extra passenger side foglight do you?

Idiot Stick
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Son of a bitch! I've got the springs. :( Where'd you get the coilovers? Not from Toyota I would imagine.

BabyBear
02-07-2011, 09:44 PM
They've been discontinued for a LONG time. Good luck finding a set.

Idiot Stick
02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Thats what I was afraid of. I'l just hope some day I magically see a set for sale for a half decent price.

Although my Koni's are perfectly fine.

renegadex
02-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Yeah Idiot (not an insult, thats your name clearly :p), Theres 2 types of TRD coilovers for the MR2. Theres the TRD streets, which are white, and the TRD track ones which are black.

My car has the streets. It rides badass. Love those things.

Tim, you dont have an extra passenger side foglight do you?

I do actually, its the only thing that survived.

Luni
02-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Tim, if its an EXTRA, and youre willing to sell it, let me know. I really need a passenger side fog.

Luni
02-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Son of a bitch! I've got the springs. :( Where'd you get the coilovers? Not from Toyota I would imagine.

Guess Im a bastard. Ive owned both sets. In fact, I sold my black race ones to the guy who bought my MR2 for 850 bucks. I know a guy. If he ever sees some more TRD coilovers come up for sale, I will let you know sir.

renegadex
02-08-2011, 07:26 AM
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/44/frontufk.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7638/hoodem.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8962/fenders.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/898/damagec.jpg
Shipping damage.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/84/frontviewr.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1988/sideqg.jpg

UPS damaged the bumper and is hopefully going to reimburse me list price for a new bumper. (~$360.00)

On the plus side, The nose cut came with motorized fogs and the computer to control them with the wiring harness, Raybrig headlight housings and some sweet bosh horns that were mounted in the frunk :rolleyes:

renegadex
02-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Tim, if its an EXTRA, and youre willing to sell it, let me know. I really need a passenger side fog.

Sure, make me an offer. One of the tabs is half broken, but it comes with a silver star. It's of the motorized variety.

Luni
02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I dont really care if its got a broken tab or its motorozed, as long as it sits straight, and doesnt look any different than my other one.

renegadex
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen it on since the accident but I can hook it up and take some pictures if you'd like.

andy
02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
yay tim!!!!! finally its back to lookin like a saturn!

renegadex
02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Now I'm torn between building an engine and buying a new tranny and clutch and getting the body work done. I'm leaning towards building the engine and taking care of everything before I get it painted.

donteatbugs
02-10-2011, 04:13 PM
engine is expensive, just saying

Idiot Stick
02-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Very expensive. If you are like me, I would get it looking good and driving good before going for power.

Luni
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Tim, you need an adjustable cam gear and it will help resolve your top end issues on your Gen3 electronics.

Also, just gimme a price shipped on that fog. I was thinking 50 plus shipping as a starting offer.

donteatbugs
02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
this isnt a FS thread, take it to PM guys or ill have to ban you. lol

4thgenceli
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
^^^
What he said

vip09
02-11-2011, 05:26 PM
engine is expensive, just saying

He already has everything but the block. He would just need to buy pistons, bearings, and get machine work done + gaskets.

renegadex
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Rob, send me a message here or on facebook with your address. I'll get you a shipping quote.

renegadex
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I have a full Gen3 head with HKS 264's and ATS cam gears laying around I also have a complete '00 5SFE laying around. Besides the pistons, rings, bearings and machine work I also need a new, flywheel, clutch and tranny. I'm just trying to decide whether or not I want to go over bore or over square.

donteatbugs
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
3s crank in 5s block sounds better

renegadex
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Thats what I'm leaning towards. I need to get a new 3S crank and flywheel though since mine is now keyed to the flywheel. Don't ask.

donteatbugs
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
i have all your stuff ready for you tim, i may bring it down this weekend or next. not sure yet

andy
02-15-2011, 05:54 AM
lol

vip09
02-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Tim let me know when you want to get some pistons so we can order at the same time. They have to be custom ordered since they don't stock 88mm pistons.

renegadex
02-21-2011, 05:23 AM
We can be piston buddies! Sweet! It will be soon because bugs dropped me off a present the other day.

vip09
04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Update + 2011 Dragon Incident thread?

Luni
04-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Huh?

renegadex
04-09-2011, 11:13 PM
The only update I have since I put the front end on is I have now installed my RX7 wheels and Ryan and I installed new front wheel bearings, front inner and outer tie rods and re-greased my steering rack. I got a sportier alignment and now it feels much more stable and it turns so much better.

vip09
04-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Make it less bouncy!!!

renegadex
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I have a strange issue going on here. When I bridge te1 and e1 to check my timing, my idle doesn't change. The check engine light flashes as it should, but my idle doesn't lower like it should. I set my timing to 10 BTDC and it runs like its too retarded.
Why would it not go in to diagnostic mode so i can time it? Is there any way to bypass the check connector? I suppose I can bridge the te1 pin on my ecu harness to a ground, but I'm not sure that wouldn't have the same effect.
Another strange thing is when i unplug the TPS while the car is running, nothing changes. The TPS is good, I checked it and the wiring according to the repair manual, all good. Baffled.
I grounded te1 out right off of the ecu to the body and its still doing the same thing. Could it be that I am stuck in diagnostic mode somehow? If some how the TPS is bad could that be causing me not to go in to the diagnostic mode? I am not getting a code for it. I'm only getting code 23. I have been getting code 23 ever since I swapped to gen3 electronics. I think 23 is the manifold temp sensor, but I have a brand new sensor, with a brand new connector and brand new wiring going strait to the ECU at THAM and E2. So yeah...

vip09
04-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Did you try resetting the ECU then see if your idle and timing changes when you put it into diagnostic mode?

Try jumping TE2 and E1 and drive around for a bit with the jumper in place. Come back and then jump TE1 and E1 and see if you have any additional codes.