PDA

View Full Version : 1991 celica speakers

mojolaxin
07-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi i am trying to replace all the speakers in the my 1991 celica gt. I just need help with the basics, what sizes and whats the easiest way to go about doing this. Any feedback would help. Thanks

93celicaconv
07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Amp: 30x4 + 50x2 = 220 Amp RMS

Speakers:
4" front
8"door
6.5" rear
0.5" front tweeters
0.75" rear tweeters

From Shadowlife25

Galcobar
08-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Useful information stickied in this forum.

bloodxandxink
08-02-2010, 08:48 PM
the 4 inch front speakers in the front can be accessed by removing the dash panel under the steering wheel or the glove box respectively. there are 4 screws in the glove box panel and 5 in the steering side panel. a metal panel on each side under the plastic also needs removed in order to access the speakers... it is very easy once you get the first panel off.

in the back speakers, the slotted panel can be pried off with a screwdriver but in order to access the screws easily, you need to remove the entire panel that surrounds them... this involves removing the rear seats both the bottom and top, the black panel between the trunk and the seats and the 'christmas tree' bolts in the back felt panel under the window...

all in all the replacement process takes very little time but is rather intensive, not to be done in negative degree weather like i did...

the tweeters in the front are REALLY easy, you simply pop the black retaining piece off and unhook them, i dont even remember any screws.

mojolaxin
08-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you i will let you know how it works out.