PDA

View Full Version : Removing Spoiler (stock)

wtaung
07-26-2010, 04:47 AM
hey,
i have a 95 celica... the paint on the spoiler is fading away so i found a mutual friend of mine who will paint the spoiler and the 2 side mirrors for 100 bucks.... but the problem is he only does painting... he said he doesnt know how to remove the spoiler and paint it separately..... so i have to remove it myself and install it myself..... is it simple like unscrewing the nuts and bolts..? or is it more complicated then that....?? i also have breaklights on the spoiler... can anyone advise me on how to remove it myself..? or if anyone can remove and install it for me for cheap..?

Galcobar
07-26-2010, 05:40 AM

Anyway, to start, helps to identify model and spoiler type as instructions will differ between the two. General advice is to pull the relevant interior panels to find the screws/bolts, undo them and carefully lift the pieces off.

mhekstra13
07-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Hey, I have a '95 also and if it's the stock one like mine, then you should just be able to pop the trunk, and on the underside of the lift-back, carefully pry the plastic interior, revealing the bolts, there should be either four or six bolts, but when all of them are taken out, the whole spoiler will just lift right off. then, when you put it back on, just reverse the process: place it, bolt on, tighten, carefully replace interior with a bit of hitting/pushing and Ta-Da! spoiler removed, painted and replaced. :)

wtaung
07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
nice... thanx... so i dont have to wrry bout the break light wiring...?

mhekstra13
08-02-2010, 09:54 AM
i would suppose you could just paint-tape off each end of the spoiler and on the light and you should be fine to paint it. electrical plugs and components tend not to work too well when covered in paint... :)