PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper

acidice333
07-21-2010, 03:16 AM
How do I take off the rear bumper? :)

Galcobar
07-21-2010, 04:52 AM
With lots of PB Blaster -- the nuts and bolts underneath are going to be nasty.

(from old memory) Start by pulling your rear lights (don't forget about the licence plate illumination), then remove your trunk liners. That will give you access to the bolts which hold on the licence plate trim, and the metal piece which sits between the rear lights and the bumper proper. From there, you should be able to get under the car and remove the necessary bolts, then pull the bolts from the top. Keep close track of where the various metal cushions and bars go, it's not intuitive. From that point you pop the edges loose and remove.

Again, working from old memory.

acidice333
07-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah I unbolted a few things underneith (they were no problem) and tried yanking at the bumper but it seemed to be bolted down still.. wasn't too sure if there was anything else.

I was looking at how to remove that metal piece that sits between the lights and the bumper and I wasn't too sure how to remove that one.. I found 1? bolt for one side, but wasn't too sure on anything else. I guess I'll have to vacate the hatch (I've got half a MR2 5SFE engine in there)

Galcobar
07-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes, you have to pull the interior trunk panels.