PDA

View Full Version : BGB Links

klapa
07-20-2010, 02:05 AM
I guess this is the place to post this. It is about fixing some of the things on the BGB that I come across.

I want to say first and foremost - I am NOT complaining - I am very thankful to have that resource and use it more and more daily - I just thought it might be a good idea to have a "living" thread where various problems are noted by those that find them - that way the problems are easier to fix.

I am starting here with the electrical diagram section of the 5th Gen Alltrac - because that is currently what I need to fix a "pressing problem".

This section has allot of broken links - in fact most of them are broken. Without going into "individual cases" there are essentially three scanned diagrams available - the "control" diagram, which shows wiring for engine control systems from ECU and sensors, the "starting" diagram", which shows circuits associated with starting, and finally a schematic showing the connections to the dash panel "annunciators".

All of these images are in the directory:

http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/bgbonline/90alltrac/D/

Note that the "menu items" under the electrical diagram main items have many listings for body and other electrical circuits - but they all point to this directory above - that really only has the diagrams I listed above - all those other "menu items" point to either non-existent files or files that have nothing to do with the subject of the menu item.

I would think that the links for the 5th gen Alltrac electrical diagrams should only be available for the documents that are actually there - yet possibly ALL the indicated diagrams ARE available - only the reside in different directories?

What would be the recommended way to report bugs - specific example of broken links or what I have done above - a basic description of the multiple problems?

For myself - I have at least started by sorting out the files available - starting with the control schematic. I brought all these jpg images into a file where I changed combined them and then made an 11X17 file that I could print - as having the complete thing on one page is good for me.

My first try at this is rather a "kludge" - but I post it here just in case it might be a help to someone.

KM
07-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Posting in this forum or sending me a PM is the best way to say you found something that's broken.

The deal with the BGBs is this: we only have the manuals people have personally scanned. And sometimes we don't have all of the pages.

Hell, if I could get the funding, I'd build a DIY Book Scanner (http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/diy-book-scanner/) and borrow some BGBs.

ChrisD
07-20-2010, 05:15 PM
I am currently going through an inventory of what we have and where the issues are. So yep I'm actually looking at this. Like KM said, post specific issues here or send a PM and we can take a look.

klapa
07-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Note my company was just bought and we have major money available - one thing we have just bought is a really fancy color printer/scanner with a document feeder that can do front and back side scanning into multiple file formats.

If I just had a BGB that I could "take apart" (i.e. unbind) - I'd certainly be willing to scan it.

KM
07-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Note my company was just bought and we have major money available - one thing we have just bought is a really fancy color printer/scanner with a document feeder that can do front and back side scanning into multiple file formats.

If I just had a BGB that I could "take apart" (i.e. unbind) - I'd certainly be willing to scan it.

Yeah... I'd rather just take the $300 investment to buy the plexiglass, wood, lights, and 2 cameras necessary to not have to cut apart an out-of-print book.