PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust manifold.

FifthGen
07-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Alot of you might of rememberd my post a few weeks back about buying a 5sfe turbo kit off some guy in maryland off craigslist- I started the install last night, installed all injectors, and map sensor and everything, went to put on the exhaust manifold tonight, and well it is a 3sgte manifold, except it has a 7th bolt hole on the top middle, about the 2 bottom ones that are an inch apart. I am guessing this is no good. For all that know, the 5sfe exhaust manifold has 6 bolts... I can take a picture if need be, but if this is no good, where can I find one that is good and will help me for a ct26 turbo.

Thanks.

BlueDragon
07-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah most of them are like that... I think the next gen up 3s had that many. I bought mine used and someone just used a cutting disk to sheer off the extra hole so it would fit. I also had to chop off one of the stop intercooler mounts from the head to make it sit flush. I hope this helps you out... I could be mistaken cause I cannot see the manifold maybe if you could post up a picture that would help.

FifthGen
07-16-2010, 02:45 AM
I will post a link to a google picture of the manifold I have.
http://www.vmsperformance.com/catalog/images/products/img-329-0-large.jpg

Would it work the same if i just left the extra bolt hole there? It mounts flush even with the hole there and leaves no gap at all..

BlueDragon
07-16-2010, 03:59 AM
should be fine then...

ChrisD
07-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Should be fine, that's what most 5sfte people go with.