PDA

View Full Version : 3 piece spoiler

vndk2r
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Im looking for part listed above for a 90 ST coupe. Anyone knows if a 92-93 spoiler will fit a 90-91?

Nitro_Alltrac
07-16-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm not really familar with the one you're talking about but it should since the body panels are the same. You might have to drill some new mounting holes.

93celicaconv
07-16-2010, 11:38 PM
I might be helping you only to help you again?

See the picture below. From what I can see, the 3-piece spoiler is the same on coupes and convertibles from 1990-1993.

The primary (middle) part no. is 76085-20906. The left side piece on the quarter panel part no. is 76087-20910. The right side piece on the quarter panel part no. is 76088-20911.

Now, you have an ST coupe. Your deck lid and quarter panels don't have the holes (and some are square for the clips needed). Not sure how you would put the right size and type holes in your deck lid and quarter panels without a template, and I don't know if there is such a thing as a template for this spoiler setup. You don't have the hardware (clips). And the center spoiler has a LED brake light within it. Does your current deck lid have a wiring harness to use to attach this LED brake light? All 5th Gen Celicas with spoilers have a plastic cover plate where you likely have your middle brake light now (on the deck above and behind the rear seat). If you were going to just use the spoiler center brake light, you would need to have the cover and fasteners so your could remove your current center brake light. Lastly, the cylinders used on each side of the deck lid (to keep the deck lid open) are different between deck lids with and without spoilers (the ones with spoilers had a higher gas pressure to hold the extra weight of the spoiler up, meaning I think putting the middle spoiler on your deck lid w/o changing these cylinders will result in the deck lid not wanting to stay open for you).

Just some things to think about.

I think that ST coupes were offered with a 1-piece spoiler that was dealer installed when purchased new. This 1-piece spoiler may be a little easier to install. But it would still need the brake light wiring harness and the heavier duty cylinders to hold the deck lid open.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/jarosin/5thGenSpoiler.jpg

mar_phi6
07-17-2010, 01:04 AM
just go to the junkyard and get one

vndk2r
07-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks again Jerry. Well, you just answered my question. If you do get a chance to go to the junk yard, find out how much it would be and the cost to ship. We dont have a large junk yard as do some of us. I need to replace the trunk cylinders on my car anyway, so that wouldnt be a problem. The 1 piece spoiler doesnt appeal to me.

93celicaconv
07-21-2010, 03:30 AM
I just went to the salvage yard today. The deck lid was already gone (and so was the center, major part of the spoiler). The two ends that mount to the quarter panels were still there yet. Sorry.

However, there is a post in the "Vehicle Part Out" section of this forum, parts from a 93 Celica that will be turned into a race car, so many parts are being sold. Pictures show this car has all 3 pieces of the spoiler intact. It is a coupe, so it will fit your application. You might want to try this seller out to see what he wants for this setup shipped to you.

vndk2r
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
93celicaconv...........thanks again for your time and effort.

93celicaconv
07-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Let me know if you want the two end parts of the spoiler, with the mounting hardware.

Perhaps at a later date, a good center section will come along, and you can put the 3 pieces together then. Otherwise, check out the Vehicle Part Out forum here if you want to pursue a complete set.

Naemion
07-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Do you need it for the coupe? If so, I have two for the GT and ST.

vndk2r
07-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Naemion......yes, i need it for a coupe. its a 90 celica st coupe. looking for the 3 piece spoiler with ALL of its mounting materials. how much would you want for it and what would the cost be to ship to hawaii? zip code 96816.

93celicaconv.....yeah, i would like them. if i can find someone that can sell me all 3, it would be better. let me know how much for them and the shipping.

Naemion
07-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Ummm, I would guess around $30-35 for shipping to hawaii, and it would take awhile cause I currently have a parcel going there and it has taken almost 2 weeks. I would probably end up sending it parcel post to save money.

93celicaconv
07-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Vnd2kr, I'm assuming what Naemion has for you is all 3-pieces with all the mounting hardware, so if you go with that, you won't need to two small quarter panel mounted spoiler pieces then, right?

Just want to make sure I don't go out and get some stuff that you already have coming from someone else.

Naemion
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Yup, I got it all!

vndk2r
07-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Ummm, I would guess around $30-35 for shipping to hawaii, and it would take awhile cause I currently have a parcel going there and it has taken almost 2 weeks. I would probably end up sending it parcel post to save money.

so if thats for shipping, how much would you want for the parts?

Vnd2kr, I'm assuming what Naemion has for you is all 3-pieces with all the mounting hardware, so if you go with that, you won't need to two small quarter panel mounted spoiler pieces then, right?

Just want to make sure I don't go out and get some stuff that you already have coming from someone else.

Ah, yeah, dont need to go. Thanks a bunch Jerry, for everything.

Naemion
07-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Probably about $50 cause I think my shipping might be off.

vndk2r
07-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Probably about $50 cause I think my shipping might be off.

So, we're looking around $100? Give or take. Again, thats with ALL of the mounting materials?