PDA

View Full Version : toyota performance magazine

allTRACway
07-14-2010, 12:24 AM
ordered my first copy of toyota performance magazine. Im not sure who all knows about it, its a new mag company this is there first issue. Here go check it out toyota performance magazine (http://www.toyotaperformancemagazine.com/forum/)

Hookecho
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
This looks interesting. When yours arrives give us a review. It's going to have to be a jam up magazine for me to pay $45 for a 6 month subscription. I usually don't read magazines unless they have a lot of technical stuff in them but a Toyota specific one may sway me. Stories about cars aren't enough.

gt4tified
07-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Looks interesting, I'll agree.

cell172
07-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Toyota performance...wut? So nothing newer than 2004 will be in the mag?

klapa
07-15-2010, 12:20 AM
This looks interesting. When yours arrives give us a review. It's going to have to be a jam up magazine for me to pay $45 for a 6 month subscription. I usually don't read magazines unless they have a lot of technical stuff in them but a Toyota specific one may sway me. Stories about cars aren't enough.

Ya - but it won't matter if it arrives late due to the mail from Britain - all the cars were made years ago anyway.

Does look like a good mag on the surface - too bad the website doesn't have better examples of the editorial content, photos, etc. At least they have a few photos on photobucket - though you must check the "forum" to get the link.

Could be just another Haynes manual printed on pulp paper for all I know. I would be interesting to see a "dispassionate" third-party review.

allTRACway
07-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Toyota performance...wut? So nothing newer than 2004 will be in the mag?

they have some gt4s on there.I am a like the mag on FB and they said there were a lot of supras in it and in the cover there was something about a 92 gt4 or something, thats the main reason i got it.

it costed me $12.22 usd to get it to my house with my paypall account. Ill be sure to let you all know how it is when i get it. in not really expecting it for another week or so still though.

cell172
07-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Not saying it's a bad idea, just a bit late in the game. Toyota, today wouldnt know performance if it held the gas pedal down and crashed the car. This magazine would have been at home 10 years ago.

Hookecho
07-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Toyota, today wouldnt know performance if it held the gas pedal down and crashed the car.

That made so sense at all.

allTRACway
07-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Not saying it's a bad idea, just a bit late in the game. Toyota, today wouldnt know performance if it held the gas pedal down and crashed the car. This magazine would have been at home 10 years ago.

That's just the thing though. We still have people tryin to build a performance Toyota. I am one of them and obviously there are still others in other countries building them too plus what comes around goes around and the tuner seen as you may call it is coming back around in my town so who knows what's going on on the other side of the globe. No toyotas not building performance cars anymore but we are coming out of a recession and people are starting to spend again. And one last thing. Its not a magazine put out by Toyota as far as I know.

allTRACway
07-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Well I got the magazine today. It took 7 days to get here but I'm in Minnesota so add or subtract a couple days according to home of record or what ever. I got a chance to look through it a little and was gunna being it to work but forgot it. Ha. Its not a super thick mag and its full of stories and lots of supras. It has the new rwd Toyota concept car the ad86 I think it is being called. Not much for celicas in it but ill tell more when I get a real good look at it.